MBGFC fun tournament Memorial Weekend Saturday in on - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Fishing - General Q & A

Old 05-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default MBGFC fun tournament Memorial Weekend Saturday in on

I rec and email this morning from MBGFC that they intend on having a much abbreviated "tournament" this upcoming weekend, calcutta only, clubhouse and open bar open Fri evening.

Weather and oil permitting might be fun.

MSyellowfin
2010 24 Hurricane Deck Boat
2001 Contender 25 (sold)
MSViking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: MBGFC fun tournament Memorial Weekend Saturday in on

I would love to put acrew together for this one. Gas and calcutta money only. Give me a call if interested.
(251) 747-6712
ADRENALINE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Squid technician
Grand Slam

I think its a great idea and heard there are more categories including bottom fish.
Saturday 9-9
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #4
White Marlin

The following is the email I recieved from MBGFC. I hate that the official tournament is not going to happen, but I think this is a great chance for people who normally dont fish tournaments to get in on one for minimal cost. I wish there was at least one tournament like this each year around here and maybe if there is enough interest in this one someone will do another one like it next year on a different weekend. See ya'll out there....

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">Despite the fact that the Mobile Big Game Fishing Club has <span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">officially cancelled its 2010 Memorial Day Tournament, a group of fisherman including both MBGFC <span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">members and non-club members would like to put together a fun fishing event on Memorial Day weekend. Conditions are favorable to the East and this area is not currently affected by the NOAA closure areas nor oil spill.

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">This will be an informal "Cash Awards" event with the following categories:

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">Dolphin, Wahoo, Tuna and Billfish Catch and Release only

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">Schedule:

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">5/28 (Friday) 4:00-6:30 PM<span style="COLOR: #1f497d; font-size: 12pt">:<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt"><span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt"> Registration, "Cash Awards" entry - Cash bar will be provided

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt"> 6:30 PM - Captain<span style="COLOR: #1f497d; font-size: 12pt">'<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">s Meeting, boats may depart after Captain's Meeting

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt"> 5/29 (Saturday): Fishing

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt"> 5/30 (Sunday) 2:00-4:00 PM<span style="COLOR: #1f497d; font-size: 12pt">:<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt"> Weigh In &amp; Results (Boats must clear Pass by 4:00 PM)

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">The MBGFC has agreed to allow its facilities at Orange Beach Marina to be the headquarters for this event. Whether you intend to fish or not, you are invited to the Friday gathering and the Sunday weigh-in (a cash bar will be provided). The Club facilities will be open all weekend for those that wish to stop by for a visit. The grounds have just undergone extensive landscaping and lighting, please come see it for yourself.

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">We wanted to inform you of this scheduled event and hope you will consider fishing it.<span style="COLOR: #1f497d; font-size: 12pt"> <span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">Of course, this event is contingent on the oil spill conditions and NOAA closure areas as they exist next weekend.

<span style="COLOR: #1f497d; font-size: 12pt">

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">Please RSVP to this email if you are interested in fishing this event, please reply to [email protected]

<span style="COLOR: black; font-size: 12pt">For more information or questions, contact:

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; COLOR: #1f497d; font-size: 12pt">

<span style="font-size: 12pt">Sarah Armstrong, <span style="COLOR: #1f497d">(251<span style="COLOR: #1f497d">) 981-4207[email protected]

whome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in