Fishing Offshore This Year - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Fishing - General Q & A

Old 05-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Fishing Offshore This Year

Due to recent current events in our area(very sad). I was wondering how many of you guys with trailerable boats would be interested in fisihng the Atlantic this year. I am considering putting togtherseveral PFF trip to the east coast and possiable up into the Carolinas depending what the oil does. The plan is to get several folks with 25-33 foot trailerable boats togther (i have one) and offer trips to others in the area and split the cost of the marina, hotels, gas,etc.I am in the inital planning phase now just putting this out there to see if anyone else is interested.
billin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
White Marlin

Default RE: Fishing Offshore This Year

I will be fishing Venice LA to the west and was considering the east coast as well......but my boat is only 21 ft so I dont know if that will work for what you have mentioned!
bluffman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Grouper

depending on where we go east coast wise your boat would be fine. I was only mentioning the larger boats because from Jax north you got a heck of a run out. But if we go over and fish fromCoco beachon down or from Morehead city up through the Banks then no problem I was considering the west Delta also but I think its going to get hammered this year with most of the gulf regionfishing over there not to mention who knows what kind of regulations they (gulf concil) might put into place if this thing results in a large fish kill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
White Marlin

Quote:
billin (01/05/2010)depending on where we go east coast wise your boat would be fine. I was only mentioning the larger boats because from Jax north you got a heck of a run out. But if we go over and fish fromCoco beachon down or from Morehead city up through the Banks then no problem I was considering the west Delta also but I think its going to get hammered this year with most of the gulf regionfishing over there not to mention who knows what kind of regulations they (gulf concil) might put into place if this thing results in a large fish kill.
I aint scared!....have epirb,PLB and raftand with other boats going too,LETS do it!

All BS aside .....I dont mind a 30 -50 mile run...just on the right day!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
Grouper

ok start calling around and i will alos to get a few folks to go and i will set something up
Old 05-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
White Marlin

ok...i have 1 friend ready to go...he has a 25 foot single OB

and I have 2 friends that both have 26 foot boats with twins.....

so with mine, I have a total of 4 boats ready to go!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
Grouper

I have a total count of 6 boats so far including Bluffman and company. I am currently working on several possiabilitys one of which being Charleston SC around the end of the month. I cannot belive there has been very little response to this thread. I guess reality just hasnt hit for some folks yet. I will have more details tommorow hopefully a hosting Marina and tackle shop.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #8
Trigger

holla at me stephen if yall get anything lined up. i have access to a 6 bedroom house we can use 3 mins from the atlantic in SC if need be. got a dock and cleaning station as well. not to mention my uncle in law is a commercial fisherman there, and could def point us in the right direction.
SUNDAY-FUNDAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 05:33 AM   #9
Trigger

Great idea.,...we have just cancelled a planned trip to Venice around the weekend of May 14-16 so we are ready to go somewhere. Preferably, the lower east coast around Ft. Pierce/Stuart/West Palm since the run to good water is much shorter. We have a 22' McKee and routinely fish 50-60 miles off Pernsacola so we are very interested. However, Souith Carolina is a long haul from Pensacola. There are 3-4 of us willing to go. Keep us informed!!:usaflag
LuckyLady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
Sailfish

Bert, We'll be in NC permanently June 7. Anytime you want to come up & fish with us, with ur boat or w/o, you're welcome to... We're returning to SE Wilmington, just a couple miles from several boat ramps, we can fish out of Masonboro/Wrightsville Beach or Carolina Beach, or trailer to anywhere. You know where to find me - offer never expires. =)
reelfinatical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in