Everol Reels - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Fishing - General Q & A

Old 06-18-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
Trigger

Default Everol Reels

I hear a lot of people on here complain about almost every reel known to man and everybody has their preferences. But if you want to take a look at what I think (again according to a few I don't know much) is the best made big game reel made in the world. They are made in Italy so you Sicilians don't get worked up yet. J/K. They have been making reels since I believe 1958. And their is a little known car company by the name of Ferrari that makes their parts for them especially all of their drag washers. The drag washers are made of carbon fiber and those of you that are familiar with drag washers and carbon fiber know why this is anawesome combination. It also has several features that I won't bore you with the details, but it has the clicker on the right side of the reel, it has a stop to where you cannot accidentally flip into free spool or increase the drag, and youcan put away those hand scales, because they have preset drags determined by the lever that adjusts as the spool is emptied. So if you want to see the first one imported to Pensacola, I will have it at the Bud Light capt. meeting at flounders fri. night and yes Bodacaious and Xanadu are invited as well.:grouphug
Feeding Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2008, 03:38 AM   #2
Mingo

Default RE: Everol Reels

Imported all the way from Mobile Alabama.... Read Up.... https://pensacolafishingforum.com/fis...ghlight=everol
BBshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
Squid technician
Grand Slam

We sell everol reels here at top gun tackle in orange beach. We currently have five models in stock but can get additional models in a couple days time. I definitely agree on the quality and I must say that I've worked on a lot of different big game reels and there is no doubt that these are built to withstand anything. They feature much larger drag washers than similar sized reels and also sport the most heavy duty gears I've seen.
Saturday 9-9
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Trigger

[quote]BBshot (6/18/2008)Imported all the way from Mobile Alabama.... Read Up.... https://pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/Topic38173-21-1.aspx?Highlight=everol[/quote]

Sorry, wrong again. The distributor is in Mobile, by the way his name his Keith. If you need his number, just let me know, but the reels are made in ITALY with parts from FERRARI. I will let you figure out the rest of the story. Good Luck>:bowdown
Old 06-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
Trigger

Quote:
tunapopper (6/18/2008)We sell everol reels here at top gun tackle in orange beach. We currently have five models in stock but can get additional models in a couple days time. I definitely agree on the quality and I must say that I've worked on a lot of different big game reels and there is no doubt that these are built to withstand anything. They feature much larger drag washers than similar sized reels and also sport the most heavy duty gears I've seen.
Damn Tunapopper. You had to let the cat out of the bag:boo. I was hoping these good ol' boys would keep using their 20 year old technology with their PENN Internationals imported from believe it or not Philadelphia, PA. God bless US Steel.:clap
Old 06-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #6
Splittine's step-pappy
Grand Slam

is it a good wahoo reel?
Old 06-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
Trigger

Quote:
VS200B (6/18/2008)is it a good wahoo reel?
Depends how big a wahoo you plan on catching??? Money fish or dinner fish????:clap
Old 06-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #8
Grouper

I've fished with them before in NC, but never had a big bite to test and I surely don't know the technology. I have Accurates that are great, but they're kind of garage queens if you know what i mean. I personally think the best trolling reel for the money is the V series International with Shimano a very close second. Actually, it probably comes down to what anodizing you like better, but I hate the fact that there is a hydrothermal drag adjustment pile of crap hidden in the Shimanos waiting to explode.

As for the Everols, I have some questions. First, does the drag come preset from the factor at whatever rate and you can move it up and back or do you have to set the drag to equal the number and then it's scaled?

Can you post some close ups of the drag slide?

Also, the clicker on the right seems like it might be prone to hitting with the hand while cranking. What's the deal?
Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
Trigger

Quote:
Xanadu (6/18/2008)I've fished with them before in NC, but never had a big bite to test and I surely don't know the technology. I have Accurates that are great, but they're kind of garage queens if you know what i mean. I personally think the best trolling reel for the money is the V series International with Shimano a very close second. Actually, it probably comes down to what anodizing you like better, but I hate the fact that there is a hydrothermal drag adjustment pile of crap hidden in the Shimanos waiting to explode.

As for the Everols, I have some questions. First, does the drag come preset from the factor at whatever rate and you can move it up and back or do you have to set the drag to equal the number and then it's scaled?

Come on man. You going to make do all of the work??? So I guess this is the way of you calling truce?/ But to answer your questions because I respect the company and the guys at Outcast. I will give you a little taste. Yes the drags are preset from the factory to a .10 of a pound. So you old timers can put away your little hand scales. Yes their drag washers are carbon fiber. For a definiton go get your handy medical device encylopedia. For the rest of the story you'll have to buy me a Cubra Libra with Anejo. Right SET4LIFE?:letsdrink

Can you post some close ups of the drag slide?

Also, the clicker on the right seems like it might be prone to hitting with the hand while cranking. What's the deal?
Old 06-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #10
Squid technician
Grand Slam

The clicker is on the left side plate not the right and yes the drag does come preset from the factory in both the single speed and 2-speed without a preset lever to adjust yourself. The new waterproof series does come with a preset function for those who still want to set the drags themselves. As far as "best" offshore reels goes, I think that will always be a toss up for the beholder.
Saturday 9-9
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in