Anyone go offshore? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Fishing - General Q & A

Old 07-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
Kim
Blue Marlin

Default Anyone go offshore?

Has anyone gone offshore this weekend?? If so where and water conditions?

Kim
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: Anyone go offshore?

Hey Kim,

Left early Sat. Morning 330AM and went to Northeast corner of dumping grounds water was 1-2 on the way out with some thunder boomers at the nipple on the way out. Someone left out all the storms on the weather report because out xm whether was lit up from venice to destin. We stayed at the dumping ground and had one cut off on naked ballyhoo on a plane down 25 feet. Decided to go to the spur because of rain and that was a mistake. Storms popped up faster than the xm would read them. Seas built to 7-8 feet and wind at least 40mph. Finally dodged a water spout and ended up at the Desoto canyons. Trolled back to the dumping grounds and go into some nice grass and cleaner water but not that great. My partner hoooked a small dauphin and my son (9) hooked a nice barracuda.We had about 8cut offs in that area all behind thebridled circle hooks.Will change my setup to avoid this next time.Needless to say he wasnt happy about the storm but he managed to perk up and get happy. Long ride home and no fish. But great time had by all thanks tho MBFC for the tourney.
AboutTime236 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
Kim
Blue Marlin

Jack, sounds like you all had a good time even though mother nature wasn't co-operating. Having fun with the crew is what fishing is all about, the catching part is separate. Glad you dodged the weather, that can be a test of seamanship at times. Thanks for the info, it's being fed into the gray matter computer as input for my next trip. I was hoping that huge patch of green water would shrink but it just keeps growing. Tight lines to you and your crew Jack.

Kim
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
Mingo

Yep. Headed out of OB about 5:15 am Saturday morning headed toward the yellow gravel. After about 28 mi. the weather changed my mind. Dodged heavy storms and lightning till about 11 am and ended up at the 255 rig. Water was green not real clear and the current was as bad as i've ever seen it. We did ok with the Aj's, busted off some huge fish. Had to use 16oz weights and start the drop about 150 feet up current from the rig.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
Grouper

Thunderstuck...believe I saw ya'll out there Saturday we were doing some spearfishing. We ended up riding out that nasty lightning storm at the 252
Bigg J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 06:45 AM   #6
Mingo

Next time call us up on the radio. 68. We only go to fish for about 2 1/2 hrs. some of the guys had to be back alittle early.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in