Sykes bridge today - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - Reports
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Like Tree39Likes
  • 18 Post By Jal
  • 2 Post By Capt.Ernie
  • 1 Post By Capt.Ernie
  • 14 Post By BuckeyeVol
  • 1 Post By Jason
  • 1 Post By jack2
  • 2 Post By lettheairout
Unread 03-28-2019, 12:42 AM   #1
Jal
Ruby Red Lip

Default Sykes bridge today

Nothing big this afternoon but the grins on my 4yo granddaughter who wanted to catch a fish! Small pinfish but she reeled in a bunch. For everyone she shouted and jumped saying” I did it” and “I’m a fisherman”
It was priceless!
Better than any fish I have ever caught.
Joe
Jal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
Cigar Minnow

well done!
Sam-I-am is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2019, 10:31 AM   #3
Trigger

Sykes bridge today-fishing-00-jpg
devndeb and Jal like this.
Capt.Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-28-2019, 10:32 AM   #4
Trigger

Sykes bridge today-fish-jpg
Jal likes this.
Capt.Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2019, 11:49 PM   #5
Cigar Minnow

Little story - 12 years ago my 5 year old son wanted to fish while we're on vacation in Pensacola Beach. The guy at Gulf Breeze tackle set me up with rod/reel, terminal tackle and where to catch pinfish. He caught 15-20 in about an hour and a half before deciding to go get ice cream, great day.
Fast forward a few more years, he's 10 and guy at Half Hitch Navarre gives good advice and we end up on Navarre pier catching hardtails on sabiki rigs. Perfect fishing for a youngster and he fills the cooler for a lady fishing nearby.
In 2017, 14 years old, we go out on the Gulf and his first "real" catch is a blackfin tuna followed by some nice Kings. He and his younger sisters have a super half day with plenty of fish. On the way back from that trip, he says he's decided to join the Coast Guard so he can be on the water all the time.
Last year it was red snappers, triggers, more kings and a visit to the Coast Guard station at Ft. Walton. This summer he'll turn 17 and has his heart set on being a rescue diver because he can help people who need help the most. He's going to spend a week of his summer helping rebuild houses in New Orleans. You never know where fishing will take a kid but I'm damn proud of where its taking my son!
fla_scout, Big Red, DLo and 11 others like this.
BuckeyeVol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2019, 07:40 AM   #6
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Priceless!!!
fishwalton likes this.

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2019, 09:19 AM   #7
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeVol View Post
Little story - 12 years ago my 5 year old son wanted to fish while we're on vacation in Pensacola Beach. The guy at Gulf Breeze tackle set me up with rod/reel, terminal tackle and where to catch pinfish. He caught 15-20 in about an hour and a half before deciding to go get ice cream, great day.
Fast forward a few more years, he's 10 and guy at Half Hitch Navarre gives good advice and we end up on Navarre pier catching hardtails on sabiki rigs. Perfect fishing for a youngster and he fills the cooler for a lady fishing nearby.
In 2017, 14 years old, we go out on the Gulf and his first "real" catch is a blackfin tuna followed by some nice Kings. He and his younger sisters have a super half day with plenty of fish. On the way back from that trip, he says he's decided to join the Coast Guard so he can be on the water all the time.
Last year it was red snappers, triggers, more kings and a visit to the Coast Guard station at Ft. Walton. This summer he'll turn 17 and has his heart set on being a rescue diver because he can help people who need help the most. He's going to spend a week of his summer helping rebuild houses in New Orleans. You never know where fishing will take a kid but I'm damn proud of where its taking my son!
what you did here, my friend, is the reason we on pff have salt water in our veins.

jack
devndeb likes this.
Unread 03-29-2019, 09:41 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeVol View Post

Call the coast guard station, see if he can career shadow for a weekend. In highschool we had to career shadow. 3 of us went to the coastguard station in pcola. Even spent 1 night there. We had an absolute blast. Started at sun up with a meeting with the man in charge, from them we stayed with the crew that was on duty. Went through all the daily training and boat prep. That night we loaded up on a small rib style boat that they worked on all day. Don't believe we slept a wink as we were told if the alarm goes off to meet them at the boat and we could go with them. Thank goodness it didn't go off but we were ready. Now none of us joined the coast guard but definitely a new found respect for them after the time with them. Even after leaving they told us to come back in the summer for a weekend and do it again. Never took them up on the offer

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
DLo and cody&ryand like this.

Last edited by lettheairout; 03-29-2019 at 09:49 PM.
lettheairout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2019, 10:09 AM   #9
White Marlin

My little girl is thrilled no matter what she catches. She still talks about her " giant" stingray ( about the size of a dinner plate). This year I hope to get her hooked up to either a bonita or small king.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in