Throwing jigs at boats - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - General Q & A

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
Snapper

Default Throwing jigs at boats

I was at pensacola beach pier saturday with some friends and witnessed several people on there trying to lure boats in close just so they could hit them with their jigs. Why??? I realize that if they are in too close, maybe they will spook fish or spool a line or two if they catch it with their prop, but if they are a hundred yards or even two hundred yards off the pier why would you care and try lure them in with thoughts of catching bait or a cobia or whatever you can just to hit them? Those people were yelling at them that there was bait and cobia closer to the pier instead of telling them to back off. My first thought jealousy. Next is that you are a total jerk and have no respect for other peoples safety or property. You people who do this do realize that if you injure someone or damage property throwing the hooks intentionally at them you will spend a few months at the county hotel! Is that worth it? I was amazed that people were doing this... and running to their rods just to get a chance at it. I guess i just have more respect for fellow fisherman unlike a few local pier rats. I know some of you who threw those jigs are reading this, please give me your side of the story...
guam_bomb80 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
White Marlin

They are pier people.... What do you expect?
Bullshark is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
Trigger

A few years ago, I saw the same thing at the okaloosa pier. I stepped back to watch the fools go thinking they weren't thinking of what they were doing. A couple actually hit a boat and the next thing we all knew, about 10 or 12 big charter captains had the area well covered and the insults subsided somewhat. I left before things got too interesting and on the way out saw a couple of guys, big guys, patiently waiting out at the parking lot entrance/exit to the pier. I didn't see anything in the paper so hopefully they worked things out peacefully with the lead weight throwers.

The morons seem to think they're anonymous or something??
SteveFL is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
Sailfish

boat people should have a big enough brain to stay away from the pier anyways. I dont fish the pier anymore, there are too many idiots on it.
JoshH is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
Sailfish

whoever runs the pier should be fired, the krap they let people do out there is unreal
hebegb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
2019 Hobie outback
White Marlin

Wirelessly posted (Iphone 4s)

So if im kayak fishing by the pier but still at a safe distance and i hook a big fish and it drags me towards the pier or threw the pier, am i going get stuff threw at me? They better hope not!
bbarton13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
Sailfish

I have had them do the same to me. I got out of there before they hit me or the boat. A big lead weight could kill someone. Had they hit me or my boat they better pray the deputies get to them before I do.
pcola4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
Snapper

I had a pier q*eer fire a jig off at a buddy in a kayak last summer. Exact same scenario...he had just caught a decent king on the ride back in from snapper fishing and the fish pulled him in a little closer than I would have liked. Sure as shit, some tard up on the pier starts hootin and hollering about us being too close, and fires a jig off at my buddy. Fortunately, all the meth in his system must've impaired his vision, because he didn't get all that close...maybe he was just trying to "scare" us. The funniest thing about it is the signs on the pier tell boaters to stay back a hundred feet. But the asshats on the pier get all worked up if a boat is within a hundred yards.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
White Marlin

Absolutely stupid! I seen a lady on a kayak yesterday and she had a young child with her (5 years old maybe). What if this lady didn't know to stay at a safe distance from the pier? You think the rats would have thrown jigs at her? This crap makes me want run just far enough east to not get hit with lead and spin circles, raise hell all day to keep the fish spooked for these pricks. Not saying all pier fisherman are jackass because I know they are not. Come boys GROW UP!
marmidor is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
Bearded Brotula
Grand Slam

Who enforces the rules on the piers?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in