Something that distrurbs me - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - General Q & A

Old 05-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Something that distrurbs me

I have been going down to the wayside park for about forty years now. There and the Gulf Breeze side when it was open.

Since the reopening of the pier I have met many very nice and helpfu people.

However, I have also noticed a lot of the homeless, jobless people frequent the pier.

This in itself doesnt bother me as I am temporarily jobless, but not homeless, myself.

What bothers me are the BUMS.

They prey on you (for lack of a better word) and solicit any and all handouts they can get.

One this past Saturday went so far as to argue with me about whether I could afford to buy something he had. (Which I didnt even see with him).

He moved in on the nice lady the next vehicle down from me and as I was leaving the bridge I saw him pull in behind her on a very nice new looking dodge pickup.

He told me he had no gas, no job, no home. Where did he get a ride like that?

Maybe I'm too sensitive about this. But they are becoming more prevalent down there. I wont stop going down to fis.

Just getting it off my chest I suppose.

Do any of the rest of you have any thoughts on this?

I realize that some of the BUMS may even be so good at what they do that they are better off than some of us, and BUMMING is their job.
hunterclaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Grouper

You can start y cosing down the shelters and free soup kitchens. These places enable the scum to continue their lifestyle without having to do anything for it. no more free chow and comfy place to sleep and starvation and exposure will start to curtail the heard.

TheRoguePirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoguePirate View Post
You can start y cosing down the shelters and free soup kitchens. These places enable the scum to continue their lifestyle without having to do anything for it. no more free chow and comfy place to sleep and starvation and exposure will start to curtail the heard.
Now that is what I find disturbing...
GallantReflex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

I don't get bothered too much by them but when it happens I just tell them they're not in my budget..
paul s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
Grouper

I don't get bothered too much by them but when it happens I just tell them they're not in my budget.. Smooth move ,,, paul s ,,, Ill have to remember that one.
TheCarver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallantReflex View Post
Now that is what I find disturbing...
^this
Jhoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
Snapper

Quote:
Sheesh!! Why not just poison the soup? Homeless check in...
Prince Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
Snapper

Quote:
this is what Hitler and the Nazi's believed.

try renting Planes, Trains and Automobiles sometime with John Candy. everyone is capable of being homeless if things go wrong.

imagine a housewife who gets beat and who finally has enough and decides to leave, where does she go? where does she take her kids?

how bout a businesman who gets stabbed in the back by his co-owner who steals all their money and then leaves him with a mountain of debt he has to sell his house, car, and everything to pay back.

i can name a bunch of scenario's but many people go homeless for one reason or another. I have been broke many times myself, and i was a millionaire at one time as well. thats the cycle of money, it comes and goes.

just cause you were lucky and were born or married into wealth doesn't make you above them.
stevesmi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Grand Slam

I tell them to show up right back here monday morning for a job. Most turn and walk away.

I had one guy show up back where I told him the following day, worked him fir 3 months. I have no problems offering work for wages, but im not a atm!
jaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
White Marlin

I wasn't born or wed to money but I guess I am lucky. I am wed to a good wife and work (some hard/some not so hard) and savings have made me comfortable in my old age- Not rich but not poor. It's ok to be down on your luck and work yourself back up. The point is some of these people are doing the same thing they did a year or two ago- When does it end?
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in