Perdido Bridge or Gulf State Pier - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - General Q & A

Old 08-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Perdido Bridge or Gulf State Pier

Coming down next week. Just want to get my line stretched and stay out of the way of everyone who knows what they are doing. Would like to try for a small shark or a big catfish. Should I go to the pier (no shark fishing right?) or down at the bridge. Will most likely just soak something on the bottom. Any suggestions? What are the best areas down around the bridge to try and hook into a shark? Like I said, don't want to get in anybody's way just like to have my pole bent some. Also a good excuse to stay away from the in-laws.
bigal71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Perdido Bridge or Gulf State Pier

I was down at the pier last week and there were a lot of people on it. I don't plan on going back until late september and hopefully some of the tourist will be gone. I would go to perdido pass or in my opinion, Fort morgan as close to the point as possible. I dont shark fish anymore but when I did, I always had the best luck at fort morgan. Good luck
dsar592 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
FORMER Shore & Pier Guide
Grouper

I would say your best chances for shark at night would be #1 Little Lagoon Pass, #2 The east side of Perdido Pass (FL Pt jetty).

Folks hook sharks at the pier (some biguns too :-) but you can NOT try to land them.
Pier#r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Trigger

If you want to stretch your line without all the crowd go to perdido pass on the florida side on a incoming tide with some live shrimp or medium size pinfish "live" on a bottom rig. the redfish are plentiful, I usually do better in the evening on the incoming tide, If the tide is going out your wasting your time you will have to fight blues and skips. I have also landed a few little black tips there. Good luck!
pelagicone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

The point will be fine. However, I have caught decent cats in the holes at veterans beach, which is about as desolate as you can get for night fishing. But I wouldn't travel out of your way for the surf fishing down here.
mullet slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in