PENSACOLA FISHING STARTING X-MAS DAY-WHERE TO FISH AND WITH WHAT--WANT TO CATCH BIG SHARKS - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - General Q & A

Old 10-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default PENSACOLA FISHING STARTING X-MAS DAY-WHERE TO FISH AND WITH WHAT--WANT TO CATCH BIG SHARKS

I AM COMMING TO PENSACOLA FISHING ON X-MAS DAY AND STAYING FOR A WK. I WOULD LIKE TO GET INTO SOME BIG SHARKS DURING THERE MIGRATION.

#1--ANY IDEAS WHERE IS A DECENT CHEAPER PLACE TO SLEEP?WILL BE FISHING MOST OF THE TIME BUT NEED A PLACE TO CEAN UP AND SLEEP. ANY CONTACT INFORMATION WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRICIATED.

#2--ANY SUGGESTIONS TO WHAT PIER TO FISH OFF OF? DIRECTIONS TO THE LOCATIONS WOULD ALSO BE APPRICIATED.

#3--WHAT BAIT SHOULD I USE DURING THIS PERIOD OF TIME?

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO COME TO THE GULF DURING THE MIGRATION SO ANY AND ALL HELP IS EXTREAMLY WELCOMED. YOU MAY CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT [email protected]. I AM COMMING FROM INDIANA.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE. THE MORE THE MEARYER.

RICK
RCLEG60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Mingo

Default RE: PENSACOLA FISHING STARTING X-MAS DAY-WHERE TO FISH AND WITH WHAT--WANT TO CATCH BIG SHARKS

Quote:
RCLEG60 (10/19/2009)I AM COMMING TO PENSACOLA FISHING ON X-MAS DAY AND STAYING FOR A WK. I WOULD LIKE TO GET INTO SOME BIG SHARKS DURING THERE MIGRATION.

#1--ANY IDEAS WHERE IS A DECENT CHEAPER PLACE TO SLEEP?WILL BE FISHING MOST OF THE TIME BUT NEED A PLACE TO CEAN UP AND SLEEP. ANY CONTACT INFORMATION WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRICIATED.

#2--ANY SUGGESTIONS TO WHAT PIER TO FISH OFF OF? DIRECTIONS TO THE LOCATIONS WOULD ALSO BE APPRICIATED.

#3--WHAT BAIT SHOULD I USE DURING THIS PERIOD OF TIME?

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO COME TO THE GULF DURING THE MIGRATION SO ANY AND ALL HELP IS EXTREAMLY WELCOMED. YOU MAY CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT [email protected]. I AM COMMING FROM INDIANA.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE. THE MORE THE MEARYER.

RICK
I shark fish a lot from land, piers, and bridges here and I don't catch any sharks in the winter months. There are certainly a couple around, but Christmas is redfish time. Maybe if you get out on a boat there are lots of sharks, but I certainly have not seen much success land based fishing for sharks in December. For land based around here, best time is May/June imo.
covertfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Default RE: PENSACOLA FISHING STARTING X-MAS DAY-WHERE TO FISH AND WITH WHAT--WANT TO CATCH BIG SHARKS

I CERTAINLY THANK YOU FOR THAT INFO. I WAS UNDER THE UNDERSTANDING THAT THE SHARKS MIGRATED UP THROUGH THE GULF DURING THAT TIME.

WE JUST WANT TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AND CATCH SOME BIGGER FISH.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS WHERE WE SHOULD GO AND HOW AND WHAT TO FISH WITH?

AGAIN THANKS IN ADVANCE.

RICK
RCLEG60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
Sailfish

I have had some luck at Ft. Pickens pier during the winter. Try using half a mullet. You can google ft. pickens for directions.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to konz

The colder months usually bring in the big boys! There may not be as many of the smaller sharks swimming around, but the big boys will be following those bonita! The colder months is when we normally see a few tigers show up
konz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
Grouper

I believe Polk and his gang caught that big A mako last winter sometime down at Navarre. Think it was in Jan or Feb. Have done fairly well durung the day off the beach in the winter. The big boys do run in that time of year. Float a bait out in a cardboard box on a north wind beats the hell of yakin in cold water.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Sailfish

There are some big sharks that hang near the beaches that time of year. Also; plenty of bull redfish in the pass. I am not sure what the pier rules are for shark fishing that time of year.
reelthrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
Sailfish

everybody does it from the pier but youre not supposed to purposely hook a shark
User6882 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
Sailfish

Quote:
J.Sharit (10/20/2009)I believe Polk and his gang caught that big A mako last winter sometime down at Navarre. Think it was in Jan or Feb. Have done fairly well durung the day off the beach in the winter. The big boys do run in that time of year. Float a bait out in a cardboard box on a north wind beats the hell of yakin in cold water.
It was Feb 24th and he was a Big BOY!!!!!
Redfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
J.Sharit (10/20/2009)I believe Polk and his gang caught that big A mako last winter sometime down at Navarre. Think it was in Jan or Feb. Have done fairly well durung the day off the beach in the winter. The big boys do run in that time of year. Float a bait out in a cardboard box on a north wind beats the hell of yakin in cold water.
Tell me more about floating it out in a cardboard box. How does that work?
gzollinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in