Navarre Pier - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - General Q & A

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By a

Old 04-22-2016, 05:43 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Navarre Pier

Hey guys and gals,

Been a while since being on with work and kids, my buddy just moved back in town and we are thinking about getting our feet wet again at the Navarre Pier Sunday, let the fam enjoy the beach while we enjoy wet lines and hopefully tight ones!

I've been to the reports sections and looks like a lot of little girls complaining about the crowd, didn't hear any complaining about the price or fact they were out there fishing on a gorgeous weekend but guess if you don't have it your way it's not good enough.

We can manage crowds, isn't that why we are all there, fish and maybe even make a few new friends and have the ability to talk to others with the same interests?!

Was hoping anyone had any info on what we could expect, I was there a few months ago with my son and we did good on Spanish but now that the season is heating up and we don't have our boat anymore was looking for some help. We are pretty much geared for anything but you guys know waiting to get out there to figure out what to do isn't always fun. We like to have a few beers and ready the tackle the night before.

Any info on what's out there would be greatly appreciated, don't need trade secrets lol! Looks like from what I've been hearing is maybe Cobia but Kings and Spanish, any jail breakers still around?

Thanks!!
CComfort12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
Sailfish

Water has not been pretty this week. A few cobia and kings caught, with a hand ful of Spanish.
reelthrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #3
White Marlin

Pensacola Beach has looked like you could plow it and put a corn field in.
kingfish501 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelthrill View Post
Water has not been pretty this week. A few cobia and kings caught, with a hand ful of Spanish.
I must say you saying a few spanish is quite an understatement... I caught 24 spanish alone yesterday. There was another Asian guy that hit his limit. And 2 Asian ladies that hit their limit.. So I don't know man. It is hit and miss, and I didn't keep all 24 spanish I gave most of them away to a buddy that came to the pier and took them off my hands
LiquidFishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 02:49 AM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

What are you catching your spanish with? Gotcha? Water bubble/straw treble hook thingy? spoon?
troygem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 10:14 AM   #6
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidFishing View Post
I must say you saying a few spanish is quite an understatement... I caught 24 spanish alone yesterday. There was another Asian guy that hit his limit. And 2 Asian ladies that hit their limit.. So I don't know man. It is hit and miss, and I didn't keep all 24 spanish I gave most of them away to a buddy that came to the pier and took them off my hands
I didnt fish yesterday but did almost every day but that. I just cobia fished, so I really did not pay a whole lot of attention to the spanish but dont think they were that many while I was there.
reelthrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 11:25 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by troygem View Post
What are you catching your spanish with? Gotcha? Water bubble/straw treble hook thingy? spoon?
Sabiki, and gotcha
LiquidFishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

Thanks guys! We are gonna give it a go tomorrow AM and see what we can't do, I've never had a bad day fishing even without a solid catch so worst case we are out there.

Tight lines!!
Old 04-24-2016, 09:14 PM   #9
a
Sailfish

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidFishing View Post
excellent conservation strategy
a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2016, 03:45 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Spent 10 hours with not much action, many were catching Spanish here and there no big schools and managed to keep some pride with one decent size for dinner! Gorgeous day though no complaining here, pier started crowded but thinned out, everyone there for the most part was very respectful and friendly!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in