July 4th Week (Back in Town) - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - General Q & A

Old 05-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default July 4th Week (Back in Town)

Hey Gang,

I grew up in Gulf Breeze but moved away right after high school in 85. I used to fish the three mile bridge as well as Bob Sykes for Spanish Mackerel all the time and even an occasional king with a kite rig out a little farther. I understand the 3 mile bridge was shut down and re-opened but on which side? the Gulf Breeze side or Pensacola side? I always fished the Gulf Breeze side. I would also catch some pretty decent reds of the Sykes bridge with mirro-lures and live bait but like I mentioned, it's been so long and I will have my younger boys with me for their first time saltwater fishing...I am so excited to share with them the love of fishing in Florida for the first time. I cant remember what was good to catch on either for July. If I recall, the spanish werent too available during july on the bridges but were on the piers. I do not really want to take my kids on the piers as the regulars seem to hate the tourists and younger kids that dont have the proper experience....they just seem to get in the way is the perception.

Any advice for me to take the boys in Destin or Pensacola? I say Destin as that is where we will be staying. Also, any chance to catch anything on the beach at night or during the day from shore?

Thanks
David Stidham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Cigar Minnow

3 mile re-opened on the Pensacola side, and Bob Sykes is where i do most of my fishing... I catch a Red pretty much every time I go out there...
Rebel_Gator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
Mingo

Bob sykes has a bunch of spanish right now... I been a week straight and catch between 6 to 11 a day.
Rover2cool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like I will pack the cast net and gear and take them to Sykes for some fishing! Will also give three mile and perhaps even Fort Pickens a whirl. Can't wait!
David Stidham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in