Gettin up to date on Bob Sikes - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - General Q & A

Old 02-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Gettin up to date on Bob Sikes

I used to fish off theoldbaybridge with my dad and brother back in the 70's. Now I understand the bridge is about to fall down and you can't drive on it any more. I see postings about fishing there, so will they let you walk out on it??? Can you get out from either side of the bay? Used to catch a lot of trout and croakers as I recall....

What's the scoop?
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to konz
Default RE: Gettin up to date on Bob Sikes

Bob Sikes isn't the bridge that is closed. The bridge that is closed is the old 3 mile fishing bridge. Bob sykes is still open but no cars are allowed on it. Not sure if they were back in the day or not. A section of 3 mile bridge is currently being reconstructed.
konz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

So does this mean if you want to fish around the old 3 mile bay bridge from either PC or GB ends, you have to have a boat to access it? It's been a long time
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Grouper

Pretty much you need a boat to fish around 3-mile. UNLESS, you wanna go OUTLAW style and climb around the fence that they put up on the Gulf Breeze side. (I think the bridge is missing a section near shore on the Pcola side, so its not even outlaw accessible).

There are quite a few folks who climb around the fence on 3-mile Gulf Breeze side and fish but, I DON'T WANNA GET CAUGHT DOING THAT!!! Not worth it IMO.

There is a newer, small pier (ie;~20people) at the foot of 3-mile Gulf Breeze side AND at the foot of Bob Sykes Gulf Breeze side.

Bob Sykes bridge on the Pensacola Beach side is still very fishable but, walk out only, no driving on the bridge. You may be able to still get on the Gulf Breeze side of Bob Sykes but I think there's a section removed to prevent that? I'm not 100% sure, someone help me out on that...

There are some decent spots to fish off of the seawall at both ends of 3-mile or Bob Sykes.
Attached Thumbnails
Gettin up to date on Bob Sikes-p9040110-jpg  
BIGRIGZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in