Fishing Bridge to be complete by January 2010 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - General Q & A

Old 01-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Fishing Bridge to be complete by January 2010

Escambia County Board of County Commissioners heard an update on the fishing bridge today which stated that the bridge should be completed by January 2010. WEAR 3 reported the story on their website http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/x_stories/story15.shtml
spearfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Default RE: Fishing Bridge to be complete by January 2010

Good to hear. BTW that link no longer works.

I did a search and found this one from last April:

<SPAN class=story_headline id=headline1>Work Has Begun On Pensacola Fishing Pier
<P class=story_copy><SPAN id=text1>PENSACOLA - Work has begun on rebuilding a Pensacola landmark lost in Hurricane Ivan.
Work crews have put in the first round of pilings to support a new fishing pier along side the Three Mile Bridge in Pensacola.

FEMA gave Escambia County about 17 million dollars for the project...

The county is building a shorter bridge about one third of the size of the old one and using the extra cash to build go towards a ball park on Bauer Road.

Dennis Holmes: "I loved catching my fish out there. Flounders in particular and watching other people catch fish so I would spend a whole Saturday out there at times, didn't care if I caught anything or not." Dan Thomas/Reporter: "The new one is going to be a little shorter than the old one." Holmes: "Don't matter to me. It don't matter to me. As long as we get it out there."

The new pier is expected to be complete by December 2009.
<P class=story>Last Updated: <SPAN id=datestamp1>Friday, April 18 2008, 07:02 PM<P class=story>I think the story you mentioned is not yet archived?

Get legal or get out.

Heavily fine or put in jail the ones hiring illegals.
Soon there would be way less illegals.

How do you know when Trump is doing something right????

When the D.C. status quo elite stuck in the mud out-of-touch pansies are crying foul at everything Trump is doing.
johnsonbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
Grouper

<SPAN class=story_headline id=headline1>Apparently WEAR3 updates their stories, but keeps the same links. Oh well, here is the story.

<SPAN class=story_headline><SPAN class=story_headline>Pensacola Beach Fishing Pier Update<P class=story_copy><SPAN id=text1>PENSACOLA BEACH - An update now on Pensacola's fishing bridge that was destroyed in Ivan.

Escambia County officials say they're making progress on rebuilding the popular local attraction.

About 90 percent of the 290 pilings needed for the new bridge are in place and they say they're set for a January 2010 completion date.
<P class=story>Last Updated: <SPAN id=datestamp1>Thursday, January 15 2009, 06:08 PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
Grouper

Man, they are slower than freaking molasses. They've built a 6 lane elevated replacement into New Orleans in 2 years and these guys are still pounding poles - for a year?

I don't see how they're making any money.
Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
Sailfish

I know the hurricanes kept them from working a lot this summer. Everything was tied up in Chico for awhile.
P-cola_Native is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

I think too they first put in some test pilings. Which helped them determine the right ones to order for the entire job.

And then wait for them to be made and cured, etc. ??

So it seems like it is taking forever, but it all can't be done with off the shelf stuff.

Get legal or get out.

When the D.C. status quo elite stuck in the mud out-of-touch pansies are crying foul at everything Trump is doing.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

So it looks like they are predicting one more month than what they said nine months ago. I think that is pretty good as far as staying on schedule.

Get legal or get out.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
Grouper

Quote:
Xanadu (1/19/2009)Man, they are slower than freaking molasses. They've built a 6 lane elevated replacement into New Orleans in 2 years and these guys are still pounding poles - for a year?

I will have to confirm this, but I believe that the project was shut down for Gulf Sturgeon migration for an extended period of time.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
Grouper

Quote:
spearfisher (1/19/2009)
Quote:
Xanadu (1/19/2009)Man, they are slower than freaking molasses. They've built a 6 lane elevated replacement into New Orleans in 2 years and these guys are still pounding poles - for a year?

I will have to confirm this, but I believe that the project was shut down for Gulf Sturgeon migration for an extended period of time.

Kidding right? Sturgeon are too slow and stupid to avoid being hit in the head by a concrete piling moving 3' per minute?

God love the environment, but some of this stuff is retarded.
Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
Grouper

Quote:
Xanadu (1/19/2009)
Quote:
spearfisher (1/19/2009)
Quote:

Kidding right? Sturgeon are too slow and stupid to avoid being hit in the head by a concrete piling moving 3' per minute?

God love the environment, but some of this stuff is retarded.
I wish I were kidding. Gulf Sturgeon migration shut down dock building, bridge building, artificial reef deployment and anything else you can imagine that the environazis could put a stop to. It ranks right up there with stopping reef deployment because you might drop a reef on a wright whales head. Just plain stupid!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in