Like Tree11Likes
  • 7 Post By NoCatch
  • 2 Post By NoCatch
  • 1 Post By fla_scout
  • 1 Post By bowdiddly

Old 08-26-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
Snapper

Default Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team

Been awhile since I broke my wrist and been able to go fishen', but seas and weather looked good, so we hit Sherman Cove at 0500 and headed for the Edge.
Beautiful day and suds, initially the Mingo bite looked great when the 1st 3 we brought aboard were Mongos, but soon slowed and we managed about 20, a Queen Trigger, AJ, Sharks, and King added to the excitement as a dolphin played around the boat looking for handouts.
Predicted 1' seas soon developed in 3-4 footers and we headed in, getting beat up headed toward P'Cola Pass, but survived for another day.
Attached Thumbnails
Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0008-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0009-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0019-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0024-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0028-jpg  

Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0031-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0032-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0034-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0035-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0037-jpg  

Realtor, Bodupp, Diverrite and 4 others like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
Snapper

few more pics...ya know my routine!
Attached Thumbnails
Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0039-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0042-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-101_0043-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-113_1958-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-113_1961-jpg  

Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-113_1962-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-113_1964-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-113_1967-jpg   Saturday Morning on the Edge - "A" Team-113_1971-jpg  
Realtor and Boat-Dude like this.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:29 AM   #3
Green Eggs And Ham
Grand Slam

Awesome job fellas!! You all make it look easy.
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #4
Grouper

Nice box of fish! It got snotty for sure, we fished the edge and trolled for a bit just past it, nice morning despite the seas.

Southbound Apparel
Locally owned, designed and distributed
fishboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #5
White Marlin

Good day for sure! We were out there as well and the current was ripping and the 1 footers were non-exsistent which made for a rough day. I was too busy to snap pics and the captain doesn’t do all that. Was going to take some pics this morning when we cleaned em all but forgot my phone. We managed 16 mingo with the bulk being mongo’s for sure, 6 white snapper and 4 scamp. Hit a couple spots on the way in in state waters and picked up 2 good triggers but were fighting off the snapper tooo much.

Sharks got a lot of the fish and I couldn’t get a big grouper or something out from the rocks after I had him out initially. He just man handled me and took me back in and I was never able to get him out!

Slept good last night for sure!
Boat-Dude likes this.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:43 AM   #6
Grouper

I wanted to get out there as well but the seas were just a bit too rough for me. We hung around a little closer and caught some endangered ars and trophy triggers that went back in to fight another day, when we can keep them.
bowdiddly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #7
White Marlin

You can keep triggers in state waters if you were close in. That is if you are recreational not a charter/headboat or reef fish permit holder. Confusing rules to say the least. Florida state waters not Alabama state waters just to be clear.

Last edited by fla_scout; 08-27-2018 at 09:18 PM.
fla_scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2018, 01:06 PM   #8
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla_scout View Post
You can keep triggers in state waters if you were close in. That is if you are recreational not a charter/headboat or reef fish permit holder. Confusing rules to say the least. Florida state waters not Alabama state waters just to be clear.
Unfortunately we were in fed waters when we caught the 20" triggers, FWC stopped by to visit with us as well.
fla_scout likes this.
bowdiddly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in