Saturday 10-6 report - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Reports

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Bluecape
  • 1 Post By Realtor

Old 10-08-2018, 09:40 AM   #1
Snapper

Default Saturday 10-6 report

I had an 8hr trip on Saturday out of Destin. With the waves what they were I opted for a mostly trolling trip. Ran about 18 miles sw to the ledge and put out a spread. Water was rough with 2-3's and east wind blowing 10-15 but was pretty blue. We picked up a chicken dolphin within the first 30 minutes then hooked up but lost a little bigger one, saw it jump and throw the hook. Inexperienced angler on the rod kept letting the line slack. After trolling for a while with no hookups I decided to circle around to the area where we picked up the dolphins. That decision paid off as we picked up a couple more. Suddenly the left corner went off and I knew right away it wasn't a chicken dolphin. Line peeling off a 50 wide with a Yozuri Bonita lure on it usually signals wahoo and that was the case this time. The angler listened to me and made short work of getting the fish boat side. I sunk the gaff and swung him aboard. Weighed 23 pounds so a decent fish. We trolled a while longer and picked up another dolphin so decided to head back closer to shore. As we got inside the state water line the seas laid down some so I pulled up on a bottom spot and everyone got in on some fast and furious red snapper action. They hated that we had to throw them back but had a blast catching them. Managed a couple of small almaco jacks for some fish sammiches. We ran through some scattered grass at about 15 miles out but couldn't find an organized weed line or mat. I never did see a distinct color change but it gradually went from dirty looking to brighter blue. Here are a couple of pics of the 'hoo.
Attached Thumbnails
Saturday 10-6 report-20181006_144924-jpg   Saturday 10-6 report-27778-jpg  
Bluecape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2018, 10:50 AM   #2
Grand Slam

Awesome, 2-3 slop with the beast from the east. Nice Hoo…. Thanks for the report.
Bluecape likes this.
Realtor is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in