Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Reports

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By JD7.62
  • 2 Post By fishboy
  • 3 Post By jackfish28

Old 06-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Reports Advice from the nipple Area

A few buddies of mine are going out to the nipple Saturday to try our luck at catching some tile fish and then trolling around Fortuna etc.One been out in that area the last week or so? How far out is Bluewater right now? If anyone has any reports or recommendations , lure techniques etc. out in this area the calls it would be greatly appreciated. We are leaving at approximately 4 o’clock in the morning so we can be there at sunrise and planning on fishing our way back in all day getting at about 10 o’clock at night
jackfish28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2019, 10:36 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Leave the trolling gear at home. Its mud out there.
jgraham154 likes this.

850-810-2548

http://www.facebook.com/bitebackcharters/

www.bitebackfishingcharters.com
JD7.62 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2019, 10:58 PM   #3
Grouper

Blue water is way out there. There’s probably some fish to be caught in the green water east/southeast of the nipple but you’d have to be familiar with the area and troll the better bottom contours and find bait. I’d stick to deep dropping and beer drinking.
Attached Thumbnails
Reports Advice from the nipple Area-b4472c2f-15ab-44d6-a0f1-e0d015b935f4-jpg  
radcon91 and gator75 like this.

Southbound Apparel
Locally owned, designed and distributed
fishboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2019, 10:45 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Updated report: Rough as shit going out didn’t catch live bait. (First mistake) We were catching snapper hand over foot in am in about 200 foot, went to trolling etc around nipple in green water. Four other boats out, I thought I saw 60 foot hatteras stop and turn but never saw them land anything. Only one strike in 4 hours and the line was snapped after my buddy adjusted the release to keep it from releasing when lure hit occasional grass. (Don’t ever do that, that’s three times I have seen broken lines for same move, one of them being a tournament winning fish.) It really calmed down, water was dirty green with grass and some weed lines. ( I thought I saw either a swordfish or marlin rip right across the top once if that is possible. I am guessing 200 pounds or better, I clearly saw a black fish with a big bill and distinctive front dorsal fin as it shot across top of water chasing bait.
Tried tile fish in 600 feet but keep catching these damn small Queen Snapper. Hit snapper again on way in but impossible to fish in that current until we got 120 foot and just didn’t have time.

To be frank, not worth the run right now. We saw some schools of baitfish etc but not impressive and you could see everything in the afternoon. Almost everything was on bottom. Seemed like more fish 250 feet and under to me. With no visible structure, no rigs, few boats, etc kinda felt we were in a desert at times. Morganza spillway fiasco has clearly screwed this up. 90 miles out of orange beach and water was barely green.
jgraham154, PJIII and radcon91 like this.
jackfish28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in