Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Please, somebody make me feel bad for staying home today

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  atlantacapt 
#1 ·
Who can give a report of what it was like today? Please tell me I stayed home for nothing.

#3 ·
Hopefully AtlantaCaptn will post a report. They put the beat down on some Snapper.

#9 ·
Had planned to fish for snapper today with my son and his girlfriend who are here from Chicago. Canceled this morning but decided to take a boat ride around 2 o'clock when it looked like it was starting to clear up. Nice in the Bay but when we went by the Pass it looked like large white caps all along the horizon. Hated to miss a precious day of the Fed snapper season but I'm sure it was the best thing to do. You were smart to stay home.

#13 ·
It was 1 foot and cloudy all day off Destin. A little misty rain at times...pretty much perfect as it wasn't hot. I'll post a report later on, but we got our snappers and scamps, plus released AJ's. The water was putrid out there. Find a nice rip with river lilies all along it that held a ton of chicken dolphin. If it wasn't chocolate milk, I would have put the riggers out and trolled it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.