Offshore with "LuckeStrike fishing" on 24 Jun - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Reports

Old 06-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
little ol me !
Snapper

Default Offshore with "LuckeStrike fishing" on 24 Jun

Get to Make my 1st offshore report !!

Had a great trip with "quickdraw" and the LuckeStrike fishing crew, as well as "onthego" ( Dennis Hollis and Family )

Headed out of the Marina about 0830 or so after loading up and fueling up. On the way out we loitered in the pass and got a free peak @ the Blue Angels doing what they do best !!

After watching those guy for about half an hour or so, we headed out of Pensacola Pass. Seas were great. NWS was calling for 2-4 today, but I think you will agree that these were far from that!!!

So, after running for abit, we dropped some trolling lines off the back of the boat, and soon Ashley, Dennis's 14yo Daughter hooked up with a 33 inch AJ, that AJ liked to wear her out, but she pulled it into the boat after abit of swearing, then sat on the cooler after the fish was in it to make sure that AJ knew who was in charge !! Shortly after that Robert, their 9yo hooked into a mean Bonita...Robert was very proud of that fish !!

Trolled around some more, with out much success, then headed off to find some spots to do some bottom bumping.

The rest of the day was kinda a blur, lots of Snapper in the boat !! Limited out on Red Snapper pretty early that Afternoon, then manged to find some Mingo ( ? ) Snapper, and put a mess of those guys in the boat as well. A couple of Kings also went into the box.

Then...what appeared ? A big Stinking Cobia...man it was like a monkey wrastling with a football....poles flying around,alot of cussing and swearing..mostley by Ashley, but I think Alan threw in a couple of choice words to emphasize the point Ashley was making, and I think even Richard had some "advice" to give from the wheel. Anyhow, we put a really nice Cobia on ice, along with the rest of the catch, and shortly after that we called it a day.

Here are some pictures of the day, and the final tally back on the beach!!

Not much else to report. Hada great time fishing with some good people, look forward to doing it again sometime !!

billyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: Offshore with "LuckeStrike fishing" on 24 Jun

nice mess of fish there!:clap looks like ya'll had a great time.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
Sailfish

Dang ,a real nice cooler of some good eats. Nice report. Looks like a good time had by all.Thanks. Gene

Old 06-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #4
Mingo

mangrove snapper not mingos was a great day seas were 1 ft or less
Quicdraw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
little ol me !
Snapper

damnit..at least I got the "m" part right !!! :doh
billyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
Grouper

Nice Report. Alan and Richard (Luck-E-Strike )charters are top notch people. Always seem to find the fish. Rick
Feel The Need is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 01:23 AM   #7
Mingo

them part was close enough
Quicdraw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
Cigar Minnow

The Hollis' have made it home but comtemplated many times on the way back about turning around. We had a great time while in Pensacola but I must say the highlight was the day on the Luck E Strike with Richard and Alan. If anyone gets the chance they should go out with these guys. You'll not regret it. They go after the quality fish unlike the 'head' boats who just want the customers to catch a limit. We were releasing 5-8 lb snapper while on the trip and when I asked why Richard said we get bigger ones and we did. When we returned to the dock I saw the fish from one of the head boats and they were barley keepers. Richard and Alan are very friendly people and will make you feel at home on the boat. WE WILL BE BACK and look forwaqrd to booking with the Luck E Strike again. As a matter of fact I'll probably go back before our regular summer vaction. Heck I drive 7 and 8 hours to some of my bass tournaments, why not 7.5 hours to the coast and catch something I like to eat as well as have a good time.
Onthego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in