Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Long trip offshore.

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Boat-Dude 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, my better half grabbed me by my beard and drug me out of bed for another fun filled day on the water. Just did a full maintenance on the ole tub-boat (oil+filter,plugs,thermostat,lowahunit fluid,water pump) and was ready for my 1 trigger. Headed out with a little fog but slick, got to the pass no bait, got to the mass no bait, it was still there which was good. We then headed to Mayor lane to see if I could find a school of sigs and spanish sardines, it worked out we found both, sigs on the bottom and SS's on the top, we loaded up and headed out. Found some natural bottom @ 105' and the water temp was 73. After our gym workout out to many fricken snappers, I finally got a Trigger to keep, after that it was 14's and borderline 15's so we just came home with 1 trigger. On the way out we saw another load being towed out for drop, not sure if it was Joe. Great day on the water, had a blast and the boat ran like a top.

Water transportation Sea Horizon Ocean Vehicle

See less See more
#5 ·
It was nice out there today. I only went to the CM hole. One other boat there. Wore myself out with short trigger. I did manage 3 pink snapper, which is my favorite anyway. Just enough for dinner tomorrow. Dang trolling motor battery dead so could not stay on the bite. They are on the very bottom. Of course I had no bait because I had only planned on trolling for some Spanish around the pass. I did have some gulp that I cut into small pieces.

#12 · (Edited)
Man makes me sick I had to miss it yesterday due to work (I still go in every day), but glad you had a good day on the water! The way it's sounded lately, I should be happy with the half dozen triggers we have brought home so far...

got skunked last weekend but the conditions were snotty and I didn't want to subject my 7-year old to a 10 mile run so I stuck to 3 Barges and Tex Edwards. Had to release two keeper gags, of course (never catch them in season, that's how it goes). At least the kid got his first grouper! Have yet to fish outside state waters, hoping this wind will lay down on a day when I can go.

Beautiful fish, looked like beautiful conditions! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

#16 · (Edited)
It's the bridge rubble by joe patties reef, it's a public reef. Usually if you are around shallow reef there will be bait on the surface working and on the bottom. The video with the black spot on the tail is ruby red lips or tomtates, you will see sigs on the bottom as well.

Lane Gilchrist
Latitude30° 17.467' N
Longitude87° 13.773' W

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.