Weather forecast opinions for within 10miles Thursday - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Fishing - General Q & A

Like Tree4Likes

Old 07-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Weather forecast opinions for within 10miles Thursday

Looking for some opinions on the weather and trying to run out to a couple numbers within 10 mile tomorrow morning, (want to get at least 21 more trip out before close of red snapper). I'll be running due SE of Pensacola pass in a 22ft blazer. How bad do yall think it will be? Thinking of launching about 6am.

Thanks in advance!
outlaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2018, 06:52 PM   #2
Grand Slam

2 foot... (about)
Attached Thumbnails
Weather forecast opinions for within 10miles Thursday-reef_97-png  
Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2018, 07:01 PM   #3
Snapper

The only accurate forecast is real time here.

This is 12 miles out. Facts don't lie. Check it before you go.

FYI, 2.0' with a 4 second wave period is what a lot of folks on here call 3-5'. I fish a 20' CC and don't go out when it's over 1.6'. It's just not comfortable. If you have a private spot you can limit out in 30-45 min and you are jonesin', it would be worth it.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42012

It's howling and pretty choppy right now.

Last edited by gator75; 07-18-2018 at 07:08 PM.
gator75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #4
Trigger

Yeah I think the waves shouldn't be a big concern, the wife is more concerned with what kind of possible thunderstorms we will have to deal with. Of course rain gear is going with me either way(almost a certain we will see some rain), just hate to give the wife any reason to not want to go in the future! Lol its a whole lot easier to go more often when she wants to go!
Old 07-18-2018, 08:08 PM   #5
Snapper

What is do-able and what is comfortable are two different things!! The older you get the more you understand this! I ran a charter this morning, 2-3' at about 3-4 secs. It actually got better as the trip progressed, but starting out, it was rough and we just trolled for a bit. The day I fished with Delynn for grouper a few weeks ago was solid 3's all day and we made it work but I felt it for the next two days.
Bluecape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2018, 08:14 PM   #6
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw1 View Post
Yeah I think the waves shouldn't be a big concern, the wife is more concerned with what kind of possible thunderstorms we will have to deal with. Of course rain gear is going with me either way(almost a certain we will see some rain), just hate to give the wife any reason to not want to go in the future! Lol its a whole lot easier to go more often when she wants to go!

How to make sure your Wife never wants to go on the boat again.... "Make her puke her guts out…."

Oh, and "Run and Gun" away from waterspouts and lightning bolts stabbing the GOM like Gods, playing "Whack-A-Mole" with your ass..... All while screaming like little girls.... #goodtimes

Last edited by Realtor; 07-18-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #7
White Marlin

Right now "subject to change" early Friday looks a bit better.
2RC's II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2018, 09:26 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

This year has been unpredictable to say the least! Monday my clients were a no show so a bud and I decided to head south of the nipple to do a bit of deep dropping. Forecast was 1ft or less and light winds and only a "slight" chance of showers and storms. Well let me tell you, hearing that speacial marine weather alert go over the radio was not something I wanted to hear 46 nautical miles out! we tucked tail and started up the hill. At 29nm, welll before we hit the cloud line the wind hit us. By 20nm it was down right nasty. By 15nm I was debating on IF we made it back if I ever wanted to go fishing again! It was NOT fun!!
Realtor, Robinsdt and Bluecape like this.

850-810-2548

http://www.facebook.com/bitebackcharters/

www.bitebackfishingcharters.com
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #9
Trigger

Soooo. After letting the wife read Realtors post( which was epic!) She decided she was just going to go to work! So me and a couple buddies launched at mahogany mill around 6 am, bay wasn't bad , couple showers on radar off shore but moving away, headed out of pass and ran about 25 or so miles south east weather was great, swells let us run around 25/30 mph without beating us to death, fish until around noon, bite wasn't great dolphins were running us over on every stop. They had all the fish moving around ended up 2 shy of our limit of 10 would have limited but had a inexperienced one with me that was letting fish handover the side of the boat above water , had 3 shake the hooks . Never seen any rain the ride back wasn't bad the swells were just far enough apart that I could stay at a steady 25mph comfortably, pass was slightly choppy but again the bay was not bad at all. So all and all turned out to be a nice day! The wife isn't to happy that she backed out but maybe tomorrow afternoon will be as nice or better going to give it another try if we can work it out around the dreaded 8-5 grind!
Thanks for all the input guys and good luck to everyone that is out trying to finish up the season as well!
Old 07-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #10
Grand Slam

glad you got out. there ya go, the weather forecast was wrong again, just this time in your favor….

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in