Tell the Gulf Council what you want! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Fishing - General Q & A

Old 05-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Tell the Gulf Council what you want!

Ahoy,
I want to let you know the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council is holding public hearings next week on a couple of issues that may interest you. The Council is seeking input on reef fish amendment 32 that addresses gag and red grouper size, season, and bag limits, along with some commercial fishing quota actions and considerations of time and area closures (marine protected areas). Meetings are also being held to discuss annual catch limits and accountability measures for a number of different species.
The public hearings are an opportunity to voice your thoughts to the Gulf Council before they make final decisions about how your fishery should be managed. At each meeting there will be a presentation about the amendment, and questions and answer period, and then you will have an opportunity to give testimony. There will be a Council member in attendance at each meeting and this is a great opportunity to have a conversation about how you want your fishery managed.
The meetings are scheduled to start at 6:00pm and end no later than 9:00 pm at:

Monday May 9th – annual catch limits and accountability measures
Boardwalk - Royal American Beach Getaways
9400 S. Thomas Drive
Panma City Beach, FL

or
Renaissance Riverview Plaza

64 South Water Street
Mobile, AL (amendment 32 public hearings will be held at this time and place as well)

Tuesday May 10th- Amendment 32- gag and red grouper
Boardwalk - Royal American Beach Getaways
9400 S. Thomas Drive
Panama City Beach, FL

In case you want to study up the full amendments and the “readers digest” versions can be found at: http://www.gulfcouncil.org/council_m...g_meetings.php

As always you can contact me with any questions.
Your chum,
Emily Muehlstein
Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council
[email protected]
813-348-1630 ext:238
GandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

When is the input on the move to separate the charter fleet from the private recreational fisherman going to be taken. You know where the issue where a few charter boat captains want to split off from the recreational private angler. Which will leave 1.8 million pounds of snapper for 3 million gulf resident anglers. We will draw a snapper tag and be allowed to catch one a year if we are lucky. Same will follow for grouper, trigger and wahoo etc.
markw4321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
Whizzed off realist
White Marlin

Default Thanks Emily

But, I've wasted hours and hours of my time waiting to comment, I make a legitimate comment and nothing changes. The time for talking is over. It's time for a judge to decide who's right and who is wrecking the economy of the industry because someone seeks control, not conservation.
Burnt Drag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
Trigger

Impossible for some folks to travel that far and not be heard plus they have already admitted that they will ignore public comment and do as they please.

I want a ban on the commercial harvest of any species NOAA classifies as over fished/understocked. If the federal goverment won't do it i think, and support, costal states should ban the possesion or transportation for commercial purposes of any species NOAA has classifed over fished. It is the states economny that is being impacted most and there is little economic benefit from commerical fishing.

Kenneth
KPTN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

You got it right KPTN !!!!
jugislandrelic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
Sailfish

As you reported in your post dated April 18, 2011, the gulf council received overwhelming opposition to closing amberjack season during June and July and then closed it anyway. I know you are just the messenger so send this message to them please. CRAM IT, Im not wasting anymore time begging for fishing rights.
Lyin Too is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyin Too View Post
As you reported in your post dated April 18, 2011, the gulf council received overwhelming opposition to closing amberjack season during June and July and then closed it anyway. I know you are just the messenger so send this message to them please. CRAM IT, Im not wasting anymore time begging for fishing rights.
GandyGirl's position with the gulf council is just a pawn for the Gulf Council trying to convince the recreational anglers they care...
whome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
old fart
Trigger

those with the most money win
sig226 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Jon Pinney View Post
GandyGirl's position with the gulf council is just a pawn for the Gulf Council trying to convince the recreational anglers they care...
And NOAA/gulf council can demonstrate that they "reached out" to us...when congress asks.
markw4321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
old fart
Trigger

I see in sundays paper where commercial boat caught 7000 lbs mingo,s going to out of town market, what good does that do for pensacola. what do we want, we just want to fish, retired 60 yrs old, 50,000 in boats, not many yrs left, if we ever do get a fair shake ill be in nursing home or dead, thanks a lot
sig226 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in