Sons 16th birthday need tuna please!!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Fishing - General Q & A

Old 05-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to TURTLE
Default Sons 16th birthday need tuna please!!!

My second to the youngest Son is turning 16 in July and both Him and I have never been on a trip offshore where we had the chance to catch Peligic fish ( Spelling), ie, Tuna of any kind, Whahoo,anything with a Bill and so on, it has been a dream of both of ours and I was wondering if any of you had a recommendation on a charter that does well in this area( It would be a real let down to get skunked) That would take into consideration why we have never done this ( We are po, we can't even afford the last or in the word) and can't pay a grand to do this.

Is there such a thing as a " Cheap" way of getting this done? It would grant two wishes at the same time. Not asking for a hand out just a good deal with some good crew members.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Snapper

Very cool B-day present if you can get it. As a son(duh) I can tell you that it will mean a ton. Even if he doesn't get to eat for a month...
joe bag o donuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
My second to the youngest Son is turning 16 in July and both Him and I have never been on a trip offshore where we had the chance to catch Peligic fish ( Spelling), ie, Tuna of any kind, Whahoo,anything with a Bill and so on, it has been a dream of both of ours and I was wondering if any of you had a recommendation on a charter that does well in this area( It would be a real let down to get skunked) That would take into consideration why we have never done this ( We are po, we can't even afford the last or in the word) and can't pay a grand to do this.

Is there such a thing as a " Cheap" way of getting this done? It would grant two wishes at the same time. Not asking for a hand out just a good deal with some good crew members.

I would see if anybody on the board has a couple of spare places on his boat. Check out the misc. forum.

aroundthehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
White Marlin

Thanks and I will check out the Misc Forum. I'm not looking for a "Free" ride, I just have not checked the prices in a while but last time I did I remember having to be defibrillated.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Squid technician
Grand Slam

If we get some decent weather soon and plan a trip I will PM you.
Saturday 9-9
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
White Marlin

Thanks , it would be appreciated. I just did some pricing and holy crap is all I can really say. Not knowing any charter captins all I have have to go on is web sites that are not even giving rig trip prices which is scary to say the least and most of the 6 hour trips ( Which are not worth my time since by the time you get where your fishing you hear a horn and the captin say " Lines up" and your on your way home) and they cost well over 1k plus tips and what not. Thats a huge bill for 2 people.

My Brother has a boat thats more then capible of making this kind of trip but he is so scatter brained making a plan is out of the question. He would be like" I'm at the marina and headed out in 15 minutes , wanna go?" I'm the opposite, I plan and make sure I have all my gear working and ready , stock my cooler and tackle and very rarley get caught with my pants down. You know the kind of people that go on your boat with you and say " Hey man , do you have anything to eat or drink?" And you say " Yes I do because I know I eat and drink so I brought food and water" Well thats him.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
Grouper

I might have some shared expense rig trips coming up if you are interested. I talked to a guy yesterday that is in the same boat as you and needs some other people to help on the cost. Shared expense seems to be the best option for you. Multi passenger vessels can be a little cheaper if you can round up enough people to split it with, but you also have twice the people waiting for the shot at the big one. Hope this helps.
(251) 747-6712
ADRENALINE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #8
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
I might have some shared expense rig trips coming up if you are interested. I talked to a guy yesterday that is in the same boat as you and needs some other people to help on the cost. Shared expense seems to be the best option for you. Multi passenger vessels can be a little cheaper if you can round up enough people to split it with, but you also have twice the people waiting for the shot at the big one. Hope this helps.
That is exactly the kind of help I was looking for. Please keep me posted and if you could PM me the pricing I will start getting all that together. I don't mind meeting people or sharing anything when it comes to fishing. I enjoy seeing people get the catch of thier life almost as much as I like fishing., almost.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

turtle, get on the gcfc and pm recces. They only charge you for your share of fuel, you might not get a bill or a hoo but you will get some tuna and the limit of goupers deep droping and such. That would probably be your best bet.
Pinksnappertrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #10
Grouper

Prices are on the site and I will keep you updated as the date approaches.
(251) 747-6712
ADRENALINE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in