Recreational Angler Participation - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Fishing - General Q & A

Like Tree3Likes

Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Recreational Angler Participation

Hey all,
I just want to remind everyone that I, on behalf of the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council, will be hosting Recreational Angler Participation (RAP) Sessions in Florida.

On January 11th from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. in Destin at the Destin Community Center.

On January 22nd from 6-9 p.m. in Pinellas Park at Bill Jacksons.

On January 23rd from 6-9 p.m. at the Bass Pro in Fort Myers.

The Council wants recreational fishermen to identify issues they are having with federal fisheries management, and they want to hear your solutions to those problems.

These workshops are not going to be like your typical public hearing/ scoping meeting. We’re going to facilitate an open ended discussion that aims to identify problems and potential solutions.

Please join us, and bring your fishing buddies.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to email me at [email protected].

Your Chum,
Emily
GandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default ha ha

best joke all week
20simmons sea skiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
Super Moderator
Blue Marlin

Why? So ya'll can tell us how you are gonna screw us in person? You are already bought and paid for.
Downtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
Low speed, low drag.
Grand Slam

Your "chum"? Perhaps not. You and your organization are another layer of the problem while contributing very little to the solution.
grouper22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #5
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtime2 View Post
Why? So ya'll can tell us how you are gonna screw us in person? You are already bought and paid for.
Right on!
johnboatjosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #6
Kim
Blue Marlin

You can bet your bottom dollar that the owner of Sweet Jodi and the other two boats that are fishing for Red Snapper today will be there to make their voice heard. Shooting the messenger solves nothing. If you know what some problems with the system are and have workable solutions to solve them and you don't go and put it out there then you just shoot yourself in the foot. If I'm not fishing that day I will go and listen to what people have to say about how they view things.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #7
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to amarcafina Send a message via MSN to amarcafina

Email I sent !

("These workshops are not going to be like your typical public hearing/ scoping meeting. We’re going to facilitate an open ended discussion that aims to identify problems and potential solutions.")

Problems are Emily is the Head boat program starting Jan 1st ... The thousands and thousands of Real Recreational fishermen will have to travel 25-30 miles out to catch a RED Snapper when our June 1st season opens.. These "Cattle Boats 50- 60 person each will have the closer public and private reefs Fished OUT by then.
I can see that is your peoples intension's for the last several years so the Money Guys don't have to spend so much on Fuel to make their Greedy living from our Natural Resources ..
When there is a problem arises, always " Follow the Money " and you can find the reason behind the problem .
Thanks for introducing these Workshops but no one believes you group will help or listen to Anything we say..
Alan M.
Orange Beach Al.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
Low speed, low drag.
Grand Slam

Nevermind...not worth the effort..

Last edited by grouper22; 01-03-2014 at 05:49 PM.
grouper22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #9
Super Moderator
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarcafina View Post
Email I sent !

("These workshops are not going to be like your typical public hearing/ scoping meeting. We’re going to facilitate an open ended discussion that aims to identify problems and potential solutions.")

Problems are Emily is the Head boat program starting Jan 1st ... The thousands and thousands of Real Recreational fishermen will have to travel 25-30 miles out to catch a RED Snapper when our June 1st season opens.. These "Cattle Boats 50- 60 person each will have the closer public and private reefs Fished OUT by then.
I can see that is your peoples intension's for the last several years so the Money Guys don't have to spend so much on Fuel to make their Greedy living from our Natural Resources ..
When there is a problem arises, always " Follow the Money " and you can find the reason behind the problem .
Thanks for introducing these Workshops but no one believes you group will help or listen to Anything we say..
Alan M.
Orange Beach Al.

*Boink* Right on the nose!
Downtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarcafina View Post
Email I sent !

Alan M.
Orange Beach Al.
Alan, I got your email. Thanks!!

The head boat collective was allocated 5.4% of the red snapper quota and 2.8% of the gag quota (Gulf wide).
We constantly hear how abundant red snapper are and I hope that the minor percentage being caught between now and the recreational season does not put a noticeable dent in the population on close reefs.

Last edited by GandyGirl; 01-06-2014 at 11:52 AM.
GandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in