Newbie needs some guidance - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Fishing - General Q & A

Old 03-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
OSOK
Blue Marlin

Default Newbie needs some guidance

Hey yall, just got referred to this forum after a few posts on a different site. I moved to the Ft. Walton area a couple months ago after being medically retired from the Army. Got myself a 22 foot center console with a reliable engine and have been fishing my butt off. I can tear up the reds and sheephead in Destin pass and have gotten pretty good at getting on the snapper and grouper on the wrecks. I am really wanting someone to show me the ropes as far as catching the AJ's and other big fish. I grew up only 4 hours from here and have been fishing saltwater for a while and have the basic fundamentals, I just need some refinement as far as techniques and tricks go. I have all the equipment, tackle, electronics, etc I need on board my boat. I would love if someone would either go out with me or let me go out with them just so I can do some learning from someone with experience. Be happy to throw down on gas, bait, beer, etc. I'm not looking for someone to show me their super secret kick ass honey hole, just a little nudge in the right direction so I can put some fish in the cooler. I can fish any day of the week any time. Thanks for any help!
sniperpeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
Grand Slam

Welcome to the PFF! Find any (secret) or public reef. I have found the AJ's in a little deeper water 80 Plus Ft and they seem to like structure with alot of relief. They hang above the structure, ledge or what ever. Try Jigs, they seem to like the rapid action if the Jigging. I am out of Pensacola, so I do not know your reefs to the east of us that far. Good luck and post up the pics!
Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperpeeps View Post
Hey yall, just got referred to this forum after a few posts on a different site. I moved to the Ft. Walton area a couple months ago after being medically retired from the Army. Got myself a 22 foot center console with a reliable engine and have been fishing my butt off. I can tear up the reds and sheephead in Destin pass and have gotten pretty good at getting on the snapper and grouper on the wrecks. I am really wanting someone to show me the ropes as far as catching the AJ's and other big fish. I grew up only 4 hours from here and have been fishing saltwater for a while and have the basic fundamentals, I just need some refinement as far as techniques and tricks go. I have all the equipment, tackle, electronics, etc I need on board my boat. I would love if someone would either go out with me or let me go out with them just so I can do some learning from someone with experience. Be happy to throw down on gas, bait, beer, etc. I'm not looking for someone to show me their super secret kick ass honey hole, just a little nudge in the right direction so I can put some fish in the cooler. I can fish any day of the week any time. Thanks for any help!
Try the Mohawk Chief in 124' of water. The GPS #: 30.08.807/86.43.075
Use the advice that you got over at THT and you'll be fine.

Good Luck.
Robbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in