New to area stationed at FT Rucker have a couple ?s - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Fishing - General Q & A

Old 07-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default New to area stationed at FT Rucker have a couple ?s

Hello everyone. Name is Cole moved out from Cali stationed at Ft Rucker as an Blackhawk Instructor Pilot and just picked up my dream boat. Century 22' center console with a f225 yamaha. Anyways I have been doing a TON of reading/research on the net and talking with a few people in regards to switching over from my normal fishing grounds in cali fishing for stripers, halibut, salmon, and albacore to what you fellas got out here. By no means am I asking for any numbers of fishing spots all I am asking for is advice. This coming up weekend I am planning at trip and would like to do some bottom fishing hoping to fill the boat up with some snapper and if all works out I would love to do some trolling for mahi/wahoo. So what I am asking is where i should launch Destin or Panama City? I know where the bait guy is in PC but have no idea where he is at in Destin. Me and a group of my Army buddies will be launch from Eglin AFB (destin) or the Naval Base (PC). Any advice would be great.
coleg126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
Kenneth
Grouper

Im an instructor stationed at NAS id be willing to give any assistance i can. I may need a more specific question though. I will start by sayig that FWC lists a ton of public numbers on their website. And that the fishing here is outstanding. Good luck and let me know if I can help.
keperry1182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
Snapper

Bait man in Destin is on ch 69. He was out there all this weekend, anchored up just outside of the jetties. There are a fair amount of public numbers all within a few miles of the pass. The kings have been thick around there, and you shouldn't have any trouble getting into them if you're interested. Just drift a live bait over whatever structure you're bottom bouncing. The snapper have been beat up pretty hard on public numbers, but there are still some decent ones in the mix. Also, the bigger fish are higher in the water column. When you drop your bait, pause it occasionally on the way down. I spent most of my weekend dropping live cigs in about 90' of water, and hit most of my big snapper at about the 40-50' mark.
ZombieKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in