Need Ballyhoo? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Fishing - General Q & A

Like Tree3Likes

Old 02-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Need Ballyhoo? Update 2/26

Update: We have a few packs of really good looking ballyhoo packs left for $8.99+10% PFF discount. We have some packs that either have broken seals or blood in packs ( from vacuum seal machine set to vacuum to long) that we have discounted to $7.49/pack + 10%PFF discount. Once these packs are opened they are still very good quality. They are very tough, great eye color, and are not rotten by any means. They just do not look quite as good in the package. I still Guarantee their quality and will refund you 100% if they fall apart or for some other reason you are not satisfied with them. They are great for cut baits and still troll very well. Much higher quality than any cigar minnow. I also have some that were frozen individually for $2.50/lb.

I will be in SW Pensacola making a delivery tomorrow 2/27 and can deliver any quantity (no minimum order) to anyone in the East Hill or West Pensacola area for free. If you just want to see them I will have some that are already thawed and you can see their quality. Please let me know by 10am tomorrow if you would like to see them. I will be in the area all day tomorrow. I have attached a picture of the worst pack I could find for you to see what they look like when thawed.

I posted this in the "Various items for sale" section but was told I should probably post it here also.

We currently have 3 lb packs of ballyhoo for sale. They were caught in the FL. Keys and then brined, vacuum sealed, and blast frozen to preserve their quality. These make for great cut bait, trolling bait, or fly lining bait. Ballyhoo have much better shine and are much tougher than cigar minnows and sardines. I have been testing these baits for the past two months and they are extremely tough and hold up very well. Because they are so tough I have found they work great for triggers, mingos, redfish, and pretty much every reef fish. Our packs have between 12-16 fish in each package. The packaging has a convenient zip lock seal that can be closed so that you can use the bait again on another trip. We fished with a local charter last month and with 14 people fishing for 6 hours we used less than three packs. I filleted them and got about 10 pieces of bait per ballyhoo. Quality bait that actually stays on the hook makes a huge difference. I am located in Gulf Breeze and will deliver to your house. If you are located outside of Gulf Breeze I can deliver on orders over 10 packs. These baits can be put in the freezer without worrying about smell or spillage. Stock your freezers now and have quality bait to last you through the year.

3lb BALLYHOO PACKS @ $8.99 each. 10% discount for PFF members on orders up to 9 packages. 15% discount on 10+ pack orders to PFF members. Other bulk discounts available.

We hold a SPL with RS, Wholesale Fish Dealers License, Retail Fish Dealers License, FPL, Eel Permit, and all state and local licenses needed to sell our products.

We are a new business and appreciate the opportunity to earn your business! I will deliver until 8pm tonight and Saturday as the weather finally looks like it will cooperate. Thank you!

Call me with any questions.

Justin |850-203-1045 or 850-292-1269

Check out our website @ www.WeGotBait.com (our website is still a work in progress)
Attached Thumbnails
Need Ballyhoo?-ballyhoo-jpg   Need Ballyhoo?-20140226_135710-jpg  

Last edited by GotBait?; 02-26-2014 at 08:18 PM.
GotBait? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
White Marlin

Nice look'in baits. Thanks for the info & post.

MC ...sharing is caring!
Mac1528 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2014, 05:42 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBait? View Post
The packaging has a convenient zip lock seal that can be closed so that you can use the bait again on another trip.
For what it's worth, refreezing ballyhoo turns them into garbage that I wouldn't even use for bottom fishing. It's a one time deal; you thaw them out, and use them that trip. If you don't, feed it to the pinfish.

I would like to see these baits next time I am in town though. About that time to be stocking up for tournament season and summer. Can you maybe post a closeup pic with a ruler next to the 'hoos to show the size? Thanks.
Captain Woody Woods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Yeah they are definitely best the first time they are used. If they are thawed out right and kept cool you may get another trip out of them but do not expect the same quality especially if you are trolling them. If you save them and re-freeze them to use as cut bait then they work pretty well. I sell to a lot of charter guys who use them for cut bait do not waste anything so we tried to package them in a way they could use the leftovers the next trip without there being a real big mess. Next time your in the area come take a look at them and try a pack. I would love some feedback on them.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBait? View Post
Next time your in the area come take a look at them and try a pack. I would love some feedback on them.
Do you have any that could be categorized as horse?
Captain Woody Woods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #6
Super Moderator
Blue Marlin

Or are they graded? Is it just all sizes in a 3lb bag?
Downtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

I really do not size them to exact sizes but do separate the noticeably larger ones into other packs because I package them into 3 lb packs and it takes a lot less of the larger fish to make a pack. I am really trying to sell these like a 5lb pack of cigs would be sold but with better packaging, brining, and freezer to produce a much higher quality bait than any cigs you will find. Wanted a bait that was kind of like a multi-purpose bait and could be used for all types of fishing. I do have some ones that were hand picked and were the first batches frozen and sealed for guys who are really particular about their baits. If their is a size you really like and a way you want them packaged just let me know and I can custom pack when I get them to however you like. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Need Ballyhoo?-bally-jpg  
Old 02-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

When I purchase them off the boat they pretty much came from the same haul and are all very close to the same size. The same size fish usually swim together. Most these were the 9-10 in range with some larger and some smaller. The size really depends on the time of year also. If you want larger just let me know ahead of time and I can set the larger ones aside and package what you need for you.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
Trigger

Well at least you can close them up after taking one out and it, so it doesn't get water logged in the cooler. Or just open up a pack a frozen ones and take the amount you need and leave the rest of a bag in the freezer sealed up.
MrFish49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

These bags were not much more than the regular bags so we figured why not

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in