Fishfinder issues - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Fishing - General Q & A
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amarcafina
Unread 06-16-2019, 08:37 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Fishfinder issues

As I mentioned in a previous thread my new to me boat 2015 seahunt had some issues marking bottom first time in water over 200 feet. Has a transom mount 3d structure scan that was angled a little funny. Also has a thru hull. Well went back out this Friday and just wasnt narking structure fish etc like I should at productive spots in the past. Again lost bottom at times around 250 feet around the edge and just showing no life. Basically flat sand looking bottoms everywhere. We managed a couple snapper and a nice gag and a decent other mixed bag but really were fishing blind again. I have dual simrad monitors, with the two transducers should I have a sonar plug in the back of each monitor or do they come together before plugging into the actual head unit? Any other ideas I could try to trouble shoot or recommendations on who I could get to look/fix it? My old boat with much cheaper garmin had 10x the detail at these spots. Even large public numbers looked very unimpressive. Planning on doing the bud light tournament this weekend even if it's not quite dialed in yet. And yes I've changed the frequency, checked connections etc.Fishfinder issues-20190615_201125_1560688531473-jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Fishfinder issues-20190615_200727_1560688521850-jpg   Fishfinder issues-20190615_201129_1560688541410-jpg  
fishdoc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to amarcafina Send a message via MSN to amarcafina

I would think you can only run one transducer at a time …. otherwise they would have a conflict in signal ...
Yellow River Cat likes this.
Unread 06-16-2019, 04:06 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

I believe the transom one is the 3d structure scan

Unread 06-17-2019, 03:19 PM   #4
Grouper

What model finder and transducer ?

What Frequency (200khz or ?) and power (600 W or 1kW ?)

I am not that familiar with Simrad, but I would just the thru-hull
Mullethead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2019, 03:04 AM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

The model of thru hull is airmar B175 H-W. It is 1k and I've tried the settings on all the frequencies. I was thrown off at first because with the two head units, each having a plug in spot for a transducer, yet there was only one sonar plugged in. I believe there is another processing unit further back on the boat where both the transducers plug into and only one sonar plug cord goes from there to one of the hear units which communicates with the other head unit. I'm hoping my issue was all settings and I just have to change the input setting under the echo options tab. Have to get it back in the water to see for sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in