AJ's closed right now? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Fishing - General Q & A

Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Grouper

Default AJ's closed right now?

The FWC fish chart says they're open, but I've heard from multiple people that they are closed for the next two months. I have a trip planned for tomorrow, can we keep 1 per person or not?

NM - FWC just revised their chart the last day or so. AJ's closed June 1st -July 31st

Last edited by jimmyjams4110; 06-06-2011 at 04:26 PM.
jimmyjams4110 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
White Marlin

AJ's are closed till after Snapper season is over Jimmy!! If I remember correctly it's closed till like July 26th or somewhere there abouts! I'll be running a Snapper trip tomorrow, Look for me to the East.......................
www.southagain.com
www.pensacolafishcharters.com
[email protected]
Inshore/Nearshore Charters
Brad King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad King View Post
AJ's are closed till after Snapper season is over Jimmy!! If I remember correctly it's closed till like July 26th or somewhere there abouts! I'll be running a Snapper trip tomorrow, Look for me to the East.......................
My trip got postponed to next week...
jimmyjams4110 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

They definitely had a closure on Amberjacks for two months.
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

NOAA Fisheries Service has published a final rule to establish a June 1 through July 31 seasonal closure for recreational harvest of greater amberjack in or from the Gulf of Mexico (Gulf) federal waters. The intended effect of the rule is to maintain the rebuilding plan targets for the overfished greater amberjack resource, reduce the likelihood of exceeding the recreational quota for greater amberjack, minimize the length of in-season quota closures for greater amberjack during peak recreational fishing months, and increase social and economic benefits for Gulf recreational fishers by maximizing the number of fishing days available to the recreational sector.

Background
In response to this quota closure, the Gulf of Mexico Fisheries Management Council (Council) developed a regulatory amendment to establish a fixed closed season to the harvest of greater amberjack by the recreational sector. Based on public input, the Council selected to have a seasonal closure during June and July. These are peak recreational harvesting months of greater amberjack; closing federal waters during this time frame is expected to allow recreational fishing for greater amberjack to occur in all other months of the year, without exceeding the quota before year's end.
This two month closure coincides with the open recreational seasons for other managed reef fish species, including red snapper, and provides recreational fishers the opportunity to fish for at least one of the targeted species year round (provided the recreational quota for greater amberjack is not exceeded). A closed season for Gulf greater amberjack that overlaps with an open season for Gulf red snapper is intended to minimize the social and economic impacts to recreational fishers in the Gulf.
This bulletin serves as a Small Entity Compliance Guide, complying with section 212 of the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act of 1996. This bulletin provides only a summary of the information about the rule. Discrepancies between this bulletin and the rule as published in the Federal Register will be resolved in favor of the Federal Register.
Copies of the final rule are available by contacting NOAA Fisheries Service's Southeast Regional Office at 263 13th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, Florida 33701. The final rule can be obtained in electronic form from the Federal Register Web site:
http://www.gpoaccess.gov/fr/index.html (use advanced search for final rules using "BA48" as a keyword).Need more information on this topic?
Old 06-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/bulletins/...20AJ%20AMs.pdf
Old 06-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
Grand Slam

Yeah, definitely closed. Same with gags.

aroundthehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in