4th of July week fun! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Fishing - General Q & A

Old 07-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
Mingo

Default 4th of July week fun!

As the title says the whole week was fun! I dont have all the pictures from the weekend my other camera is still at the beach But anywas the week was the best I have seen in a while! I hope everyone else had a great time, Since i haven't had time to go through all the posts that i missed.

Sunday the crew was my dad a few friends and myself we had a pretty good day with some nice grouper, snapper and kings in the mix with a bonus cobia.

Monday and tuesday it was just my parents and I with some nice snapper and my first try at spearfishing with my new gun.

Wed we made it out for about an hour and then the storm came in so we headed in for a few hours until it cleared and we went down to scallop some which was really disappointing, we ended up with only a handful of scallops in 3 hours. The DNR said it was the worst year in a long time for scallops

Thursday was a great day with a few new members to the crew who had never been offshore before. The girls absolutely loved being on the boat, they got to catch most of the snapper and all of the dolphin! While they were catching the chickens on ultralights my buddies and I were diving under the weed patches looking for bigger fish to shoot with no luck. Its pretty cool all the life that you see under those things that you never get to see from above! After that we went to another spot where I shot a nice mangrove and sheeps head. I had a huge goliath inhale my mangrove that was on the spear as i was swimming up to the surface, all of this was caught on the GoPro too! We ended the day with 8 snapper, 12 dolphin, 1 mangrove, 1 cobia and a sheeps head

Took friday off to recover and have a few drinks on the beach

Sat we ended up with a 5 man limit of snapper and a friend of mines first dolphin, however small it may be its still a dolphin! After that we went back to diving, the mangroves were past my comfort zone to get to but i did get to watch 6-8 massive goliaths swimming around the tower we were fishing which was probably the coolest thing i have ever seen!

All in all a pretty damn good week if i do say so myself!! Sorry to be so long winded just had a lot to type!
Attached Thumbnails
4th of July week fun!-img_0161-jpg   4th of July week fun!-img_0162-jpg   4th of July week fun!-img_0171-jpg   4th of July week fun!-img_0177-jpg   4th of July week fun!-img_0183-jpg  

4th of July week fun!-img_0185-jpg   4th of July week fun!-img_0188-jpg  
Cape_Horn_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
Mingo

Crap, this was supposed to be in the offshore reports, If one of the mods could move it i would really appreciate it!
Cape_Horn_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
White Marlin

Looks like you guys and gals had a blast.
marmidor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in