Wade gigging lights - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Old 11-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
CCC
Grand Slam

Default Wade gigging lights

Ok, getting into gigging (wading), and tried the headlight and hand carried spotlight, light hits water and reflects back and you can't see crap, so I know you need lights under water, have seen the PVC lights that you hold under the water and hook to a battery that you usually pull behind you in a raft or tube, I am looking to have both hands free, what are my options ?????????
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
White Marlin

having both hand free might be difficult. I use a 100w halogen from fishinglighsetc.com thats rigged on pvc. I power it with a 12v motorcycle battery that I carry in a small backpack. I have a strap rigged to the pvc on the light so that it will just hang from me if I need to let go of it to use my other hand.
Linkovich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
Snapper

Hands free underwater....hmmm. Best thing I can think of is to put a strap on ur light handle and strap it to your arm. Not totally handsfree though. Maybe a strap cross ways over your shoulder would be better. I currently use an LED on a pvc pole, have yet to rig a strap on it, but thats next, been too busy to put any thought into how I want to rig it so just been holding it under my arm for now, works fine. I wouldnt let it hold you back from getting out there though. I gigged that 23.75" flounder a few weeks ago with a spotlight and headlamp before I made a set of light rigs. Underwater lights do make a world of difference though, night and day.
Russian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Mulletman
Ruby Red Lip

get some star brights and attach to your gig use some heat reflective tape its hands free....... i make gigs if anyone interested use aluminum pole very light weight make gig out of square stock with 4.... 1/8 by 3 1/2 stainless screw will not rust deff no flounder getting off i gig two at a time with it with no problem .. pretty easy to get flounder off also ..... i weld aluminum block into a adjustable length pool pole excellent for both wading and for boat and thread it so the gig screws into it case you get it stuck you can unscrew it and screw in replacement .... will post pics soon
fish styx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #5
Trigger

Bring a friend and make him hold the light.......

Nothing but love brother!!!!!
Faithnfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish styx View Post
get some star brights and attach to your gig use some heat reflective tape its hands free....... i make gigs if anyone interested use aluminum pole very light weight make gig out of square stock with 4.... 1/8 by 3 1/2 stainless screw will not rust deff no flounder getting off i gig two at a time with it with no problem .. pretty easy to get flounder off also ..... i weld aluminum block into a adjustable length pool pole excellent for both wading and for boat and thread it so the gig screws into it case you get it stuck you can unscrew it and screw in replacement .... will post pics soon
+1 for attaching light to gig pole when wading, and for All-Thread gigs.
Fish-n-Fur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
Mulletman
Ruby Red Lip

Thanks
fish styx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in