Time for our first trip gigging in our boat! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Old 03-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Time for our first trip gigging in our boat!

Any word from you guys about the clarity of the water yet? It was choc milk here in Choctawhatchee Bay a couple of days ago and I just wondered if you guys think it will be a waste of time even trying to go tonight after all the wind. I did read someone's post not long ago that said on a Full Moon lit night, the Flounder a more apt to "see" the Flounder boat before you have a chance to get over them.This will be my wife's first time ever going, and I want her to have a great time, so I have my gigs crossed!:hungry
Shiznik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
Sailfish

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Rider
Default RE: Time for our first trip gigging in our boat!

I went this morning real early. Launched at 3 am and fished till sun-up..... We were in the intercoastal waterway in Perdido Key. The water was nice and clear there. But I would imagine that the Bays are going to be to muddy to see tonight after all of this wind. We only gigged 3 this morning. Yes flounder do tend to spook a bit when you have a bright moon above your head. If you see him quiver you better stick him fast...... He is fixin to bolt like he was shot out of a cannon. Good luck where ever you decide to go but most likely the intercoastal is going to be the best bet for a few days till the bays can settle down.
Midnight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
Sailfish

Default RE: Time for our first trip gigging in our boat!

We are going to try some of the areas on the south side of the bay and closer to Destin and see what turns up. I was looking "hard" for them last night, saw 2 blue crabs and lots of 2% Choc. Let the games begin! It's on now! We'll get'm soon!:hungry
Shiznik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in