Skinny Water Products gigs - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Old 12-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Skinny Water Products gigs

Looking for one of their gigs,are they still in business? Their website seems to be gone. If you want to sell one of their gigs, or know where I might buy one, let me know. THX
echosierra3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
Sailfish

After reading your post, I opened up another tab and clicked on their website which is in my "Bookmarks". The site opened and is working for me, but it looks like they've been working on the site because it is totally brand new.

I sure hope they don't go out of business. I'm planning on buying their 2 piece, 8' long silver anodized gigging pole next April.
Night Wing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2011, 01:44 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

Default local gig

I purchased this gig locally and it is the best I have ever used. It is made from stainless all thread. The threads really hold onto the fish. I have used it three times now and have not loss a fish on it yet. Even Sheephead stick, I had problems with them in the past. The builder also makes various adapters for cane poles and swimming pool cleaning poles. The adapters and all of the welds are stainless as well. I was lucky and they screwed right into my sea striker poles. Here is his website ruggedmetal.com
Attached Thumbnails
Skinny Water Products gigs-gig-jpg  
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime as long as it is caught in season, and is of the correct variety, and isn't too small, or too big....uhhh other restrictions may apply.
fishenwishen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
Grouper

Default Ruggedmetal

Plus 1 on ruggedmetal threaded gigg heads. I used a skinny water gigg for years and tried these and would not go back. The skinny water head is laser cut and they will bend on large fish. Had a sheephead tie mine up in knots. The threaded giggs are extremely tough and the only fish I've lost are the ones I flat out missed. Combined with a pool pole they are half the weight and stronger to boot.You might want to consider looking at them and Chris can repair them if and I say if you ever have a problem and they are local.
bamafan611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
Grouper

Default pool poles

Bama, I'm currently using 12ft 3/4 inch schd 40 aluminum pipe with 3/8 adapters welded on. My only problem with them is the weight. Are the pool poles you use one piece or telescopic and were to buy them. Thinks
flounderslayerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
Grouper

Default Pool Poles

Morning Flounderslayerman
I got mine at Pinch a Penny pool supplies in Pensacola. Was skeptical at first , but after trying it love it. Very well made and it is 2 piece that telescopes. I keep mine at about 11 feet. They have a 12 foot model and a 8 foot model. It ran about 30 bucks and I got the deluxe model.A whole lot lighter than my skinny water pole. I put choppedlivers threaded titanium gigg head on it and they are also very light. KILLING MACHINE and held pole and gigg on some very nice fish this Fall. I've flexed these poles pretty good and so far no bends.
bamafan611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
Sailfish

Chris (Chopped Liver) who makes his stainless gig heads and is also the the owner of Rugged Metal made a very nice video showing two of his gig heads and how to make a gigging pole from a swimming pool pole. The video is below and it's a very good "how to" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zea4tIOwj7c
Night Wing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
Jigging Member
Grouper

We've got a couple of those at Tight Line's right now. There 54.99$ for the head, and the adapter for the Bamboo pole's are 24.99...... But everything is 25% off right now.. Come check em out!
Matt09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in