New light setup - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Old 06-22-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
Snapper

Default New light setup

After running different 12v setups over the years i decided to spend a little money and run the setup you "pros" use. I had been using led bars, but they didnt work well in dirty water and the ease of adjustment for different depths/conditions was beginning to get aggravating. So i decided to put the honda genny i already had to use with Hubbell 450 hps. A special thanks to Bamafan for his recommendation on these lights! Will be trying them out at St Joe this weekend if work and weather allows. Have fired them up several times in the yard-everytime i think to myself "and God said let there be light". There is so much of it that it should be illegal!!! Thanks again to bamafan and as you can see i had a "supervisor" who was no help at all.
Attached Thumbnails
New light setup-image-jpg  
kmerr80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #2
White Marlin

Nice!!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
jmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2015, 02:20 AM   #3
Grouper

Kmerr, they will be able to track you from space.I'm on mt 7th year with my hubbels and you won't be disapointed. Couple of ideas that have worked for most of us.paint your reflectors with high temp white engine paint. sounds crazy, but you will have even more light and your spread will be better. I just this year painted the exterior of mine with truck bed dressing and they turned out great/like new. salt can't get through it.Love Port St Joe and my largest fish came from there. If you don't know it be careful, alot of skinny water flats.Your setup is perfect and like looking at my own rig. I did after several years have some mounts made for my lights, but the glassed 2by4 worked great.
Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails
New light setup-167%5B1%5D-jpg   New light setup-162%5B1%5D-jpg   New light setup-521350_334316070020408_845902011_n-jpg  

Last edited by bamafan611; 06-23-2015 at 02:25 AM.
bamafan611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 07:39 AM   #4
Sailfish

Nice looking setup on your boat. And those flounder on the table looked great too.
Night Wing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in