new to flounder giging could use some advice - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Old 05-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default new to flounder giging could use some advice

Hey all I am brand new to flounder giging and havent had much luck recently on my own so I figured I would come here for advice. I am wading for flounder and have built some under water led lights similar to banjos. I have been going right at dusk but have no idea how deep or shallow to go or even where to go. I went up and down johnsons beach on the bay side and didnt see a single one. The only luck I have had has been at fort pickens were I gigged my first flounder which got me hooked. any help as to where are some good spots to wade for flounder or what I should be looking for would be awesome. thxs
dpayter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Mingo

Good day , I am also new to wading and learning more and more as I go . I have worked all the area u have also with slim luck . Most of the fish I have walked on has been buried less then 5 feet away from shore . Wade gigging is a very time consuming/tiring sport but fun when u find fish , just keep walking till u find tracks and the fish will be near . Johnson beach sound from my experience has less quantity of fish but they are there u just have to work ur ass off for them . Fort pickens is a great places to gig but in the fall only bad thing is there are lots of boats to compete with try going on weekdays when less boats are out . Me and my buddy banjo went last night walked 6 miles and ended up with seven fish . One hell of a walk but worth the 7 fish . GL and don't give up . Also boat ramps are good checkpoints try gigging around those area and boat docks .
fulish850 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Duerwood Willis
Sailfish

Wirelessly posted

Try in any depth long as you can see the bottom good enough to stick one. I have limited in hours and other nights went 7-8 hours without seeing a track.
Gnwdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

thx for the info I got three last night at fort pickens. I was out for 5-6 hours. I still dont really know what I am looking for as far a tracks or how to follow them. I have just been seeing them in the sand. I havent followed any tracks.
dpayter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in