New boat, now to light it - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigtee

Old 06-13-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
Trigger

Default New boat, now to light it

Traded in my 176cc Sea Pro and went with the all around family boat, a SunTracker 22 DLX Pontoon with a 150 4 stroke on the back. Took it fishing and loved the space with a family of 5 and the speed was surprising (35mph). Wife and daughter who never would think of floundering before, now would go on this boat so that means time for lights!

We would be trying in areas around Mobile Bay which much muddier than when I lived in Panama City and gigged 20 years ago. Tech has changed a lot since then so am wondering how would you rig my boat for gigging?
Here's the boat layout...
http://media.tmgcreative.com/2018/SU...170637_700.jpg
Ruger7mmmag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2018, 06:37 AM   #2
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

With a pontoon, your options are vast... I use to run 4xs 500 wt work type lights on my cat boat. Actually still have em with some brackets I made that fit on my bow rails. (look almost new) With a pontoon you can run a genny at the back. If you want some pics of the way I have em or might wanna snag em from me cheap, let me know (shoot me a PM with a # I can text em to ya).

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #3
Sailfish

If you're using batteries LEDs are the only way to go. If your going with a Gen. get some HPSs.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #4
Great White Buffalo
Ruby Red Lip

I recommend outrigger outdoors swamp eye lights. They are submersible, color tone adjustable for different water conditions, and remote control. I like mine a lot and don't have to use a generator. I run 8 lights on two 12 volt batteries and can run all night.

You can check them out here: http://outriggeroutdoors.com/product...wfishing-light

HPS are nice and very bright, but in the grand scheme of things quite a bit more expensive when you factor in their higher cost and generator. They're also no where near submersible if that's of any importance to you.

Obviously I am supported by Outrigger but in all seriousness they are good quality lights and I wouldn't promote a product I don't believe in.
GIggaMon likes this.

www.OutriggerOutdoors.com

LIKE us on FB and follow us on IG

Last edited by bigtee; 06-20-2018 at 04:39 PM.
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in