Going to give it a try tonight! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Old 04-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Snapper

Default Going to give it a try tonight!

I'm getting gig happy again and going to go give it a try if this weather holds out for us.Anyone else going to sneak out and give it a try?
Last Chance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
Sailfish

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Rider
Default RE: Going to give it a try tonight!

Im going tonight to the same place as last time. If the weather holds. Im fixin to call you back...by the time I got to the phone you were gone.
Midnight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
Snapper

I bet i get a bigger fishy then you get.oke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
Sailfish

Finally after an 8 day stretch at work, I'm off this evening at 10:00pm. Does anyone think that is too late to go try? I will give a report if I happen to see'm. I am no threat to you guys or in that area about being there the same time, but I was wondering if Midnight was too late to go for them and what about say 3:00am, and try until morning? I would keep in mind that I bet they would be good a bedded down, probablly hard to see, but do you think it would be a waste of time? Over here way east of you guys, about 65-80 miles away so I probablly won't even wave at you from my boat, but I envy the Flounder you guys are finding! You guys "Find'em, Stick'em and get to Eat'em!" that's what its all about to me! :hungry
Shiznik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to FlounderAssassin

yall dont go catchin all the fish wile im at work!!! leave some for me!!! LOL GOOD LUCK!
FlounderAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #6
Sailfish

Quote:
Fish Like You're Hungry (4/2/2008)Finally after an 8 day stretch at work, I'm off this evening at 10:00pm. Does anyone think that is too late to go try? I will give a report if I happen to see'm. I am no threat to you guys or in that area about being there the same time, but I was wondering if Midnight was too late to go for them and what about say 3:00am, and try until morning? I would keep in mind that I bet they would be good a bedded down, probablly hard to see, but do you think it would be a waste of time? Over here way east of you guys, about 65-80 miles away so I probablly won't even wave at you from my boat, but I envy the Flounder you guys are finding! You guys "Find'em, Stick'em and get to Eat'em!" that's what its all about to me! :hungry
There is nothing wrong with waiting till late to go...sometimes me and MR go to bed early and get up around 2 in the morning and go. just stick with it and you will start getting into them! GOOD LUCK!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
Snapper

Quote:
FlounderAssassin (4/2/2008)yall dont go catchin all the fish wile im at work!!! leave some for me!!! LOL GOOD LUCK!
Don't worry we will save you some tails and backbones,if your nice we may even take a pic for ya!:moon
Old 04-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
Snapper

Quote:
Fish Like You're Hungry (4/2/2008)Finally after an 8 day stretch at work, I'm off this evening at 10:00pm. Does anyone think that is too late to go try? I will give a report if I happen to see'm. I am no threat to you guys or in that area about being there the same time, but I was wondering if Midnight was too late to go for them and what about say 3:00am, and try until morning? I would keep in mind that I bet they would be good a bedded down, probablly hard to see, but do you think it would be a waste of time? Over here way east of you guys, about 65-80 miles away so I probablly won't even wave at you from my boat, but I envy the Flounder you guys are finding! You guys "Find'em, Stick'em and get to Eat'em!" that's what its all about to me! :hungry
I have actually got more fish after midnight than i have before,i just go early and stay all night if i have time and don't have to work. Keep us updated on how you do if you go,and good luck.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #9
Sailfish

Will do. I have never Floundered over here in Walton County. I'm from Pensacola, and we used to always find them when we went, but my wife and I have only went once, and it was more of a sea trial, but I think I've got it ready to go and we want to go after work tonight and our bay is prettyclear.I'm dying for the day that I can post some picsof some flatties! will do.... Thanks for the advice!:hungry
Shiznik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
Sailfish

Quote:
Last Chance (4/2/2008)
Quote:
FlounderAssassin (4/2/2008)yall dont go catchin all the fish wile im at work!!! leave some for me!!! LOL GOOD LUCK!
Don't worry we will save you some tails and backbones,if your nice we may even take a pic for ya!:moon

thanks but no thanks on the tails and backbones...will be back home on the 10th and me and MR can school you on floundering again if you would like oke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in