Flounder giging - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Old 03-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Flounder giging

I am looking for a place to gig near or around Navarre or pensacola I live like 5 minutes from the intercostal waterway and could use some advice on where to gig these flounder I keep hearing about. Thanks
Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
Sailfish

I have been several times with one to show for it.I will be waiting about a month or so before I go again.Some of the guys have been better luck,IDK Other than that the only thing I know is to just go.I go and find shallow water and start looking,but it doesnt seem to work to well for me so..
drifterfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Sailfish

From a boat or wading?
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 03:09 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

I won't give away my specific places, but you can go in Navarre. It just takes longer for the flounder to get here when they return from the Gulf. I go in Navarre. Just look for structure. They love to wait near it so they can ambush fish. By structure I mean rocks, seawalls, docks, stumps, Seagrams beds (particularly the grass, sand border) and oysters. Also, the edges of points where the sand forms a slope is also good. And creek mouths. With that being said, in late fall, you will still want to go towards Destin or Pensacola because the fish bottleneck in the passes.

Also, I have posted a lot on my blog and there will be more to come. If you have not already checked it out go to imakemybeer.blogspot.com. Click on the fishing label to show only the posts about fishing.

Last edited by SeminoleSpearer; 03-11-2012 at 03:11 AM.
SeminoleSpearer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
Cigar Minnow

Thank you all for the advice, I have a 19 ft Carolina skiff three batteries "deep cell" loaded up with 15 ft spears lights and lanterns. I am completely ready and set up just an empty cooler.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
Blue Marlin

Quote:
loaded up with 15 ft spears
That's Pretty darn LONG and you will be clanking them together with other people on the boat.

Yes I have heard of a situation where that kind of length was needed, but that guy had a screw-on addition.

My old ones were 10ft long and we clanked them together all the time.

My new ones are telescopic. 6ft to 12ft

X-Shark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Default Gig poles

X-SHARK, Where did you order or get your poles, if you dont mind sharing,I am looking for some lighter and screw in gig heads,Thank you for the input.
The Barb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
Grouper

Default Gigg Poles

The poles come from PenchaPenny pool supplies. (very reasonable)The adapters and threaded gigg heads are made locally/[Pensacola by ruggedmetal.com. Choppedliver on the gulfcoastfishingconnection.com. Best I've ever used.
bamafan611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
Cigar Minnow

Well thanks again for the replays, I went out last night to Navarre beach went to a spot where I slayed the spec trouts lasts summer, no flounder no trout no fish! I am patient however, my son and I ended up on a sand bar found bait and lots of signs "divots in the sand " which appeared to be where flounder may have been. A friend of mine said they probably al left that area by the time I got there do to the tide change . I launched at 10 p.m. And stroked the icw until 4 am. Of course had an awesome time with my son but once again left with an empty cooler. I just want to see a baby anything if I'm searching in the wrong areas please help! Destin Pensacola perdido I don't know where to go next, could use a prayer and a little help.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Destin Pensacola perdido I don't know where to go next,
Believe me.....There is so much water out there to explore. You can't do it in a lifetime if you work a regular job. LOL
X-Shark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in