Cheap, Submersible 900 Lumen LED. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Old 08-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Cheap, Submersible 900 Lumen LED.

Ok, most people agree that HPS is the way to go for gigging, but if your boat is too small or you don't have money for a generator like me, these might help. I haven't fully tested them yet because I'm workin on the boat. But it shines bright from the dock. I am about to order 4 more and mount them on a piece of aluminum channel to float in front of the boat. Anyway, they are 12v, 10w, 900 Lumen LED lights, for 12 bucks on ebay! In the picture, I just have it hooked up to a little 9v battery in my house, but it is a lot brighter on the 12v, and supposedly submersible; though i havent tested that yet. This is fully open to criticism, but it's a cheap, efficient, and lightweight option for recreational gigging. I'm not the one selling these, just thought I would throw it out there.. Here's the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270992200411...84.m1423.l2649

And here's a couple pictures. I'll post more when i get in the water next weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Cheap, Submersible 900 Lumen LED.-gopr0325-jpg   Cheap, Submersible 900 Lumen LED.-gopr0327-jpg   Cheap, Submersible 900 Lumen LED.-gopr0328-jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
Mingo

I was actually looking at these to add to my current LED rig on my boat. May order them and see what I can modify.
jsh1904 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

I have built a pile of wading lights using these lights and have been using them above and below the water all summer long. They are plenty bright using just one for wading. I have not had one problem. I use a small 12v 9ah battery and power one all night long. They will do what you are wanting on the cheap.
blaminack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
Sailfish

Before you buy more of those take a look at these.
I purchased one of these water proof, 27 watt, LED, lights to build a wading light. It's 2150 lumens and costs $39 with free shipping. It's built out of a heavy duty cast aluminum frame and a sealed glass lens.

I haven't built the pole yet but this sucker is bright as hell and throws a wide flood beam. You can see the size of it in my hand in the last pic. It's about 50 - 60 feet to the fence.

http://customfitzled.webs.com/apps/w...s/show/2556254

Washington is playing their ignorant and ill-informed constituency like an organ grinder plays his monkey. The monkey shuts up and does what he's told, as long as he gets his banana. There is no difference in Washington. They squander the blood sweat and tears of the hard working, tax paying Americans and lie to them when they're caught. Needing their ever-increasing supply of bananas, the trained monkeys will continue to dance for their bananas.

Last edited by bigbulls; 08-25-2012 at 12:10 AM.
bigbulls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 12:24 AM   #5
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbulls View Post
I purchased one of these water proof, 27 watt, LED, lights to build a wading light. It's 2150 lumens and costs $39 with free shipping. It's built out of a heavy duty cast aluminum frame and a sealed glass lens.

I haven't built the pole yet but this sucker is bright as hell and throws a wide flood beam. You can see the size of it in my hand in the last pic. It's about 50 - 60 feet to the fence.

Is that thing submersible? Says they are waterproof, but that doesn't mean they are submersible. I might have to get a couple of those for my camper and 4-wheeler.

Last edited by Death From Above; 08-25-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Death From Above is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
Sailfish

Yes. IP67

Here's a pic of it submerged in my kitchen sink.
The battery it's hooked up to is about dead so it's not nearly as bright as it was outside hooked up to the car battery.

Washington is playing their ignorant and ill-informed constituency like an organ grinder plays his monkey. The monkey shuts up and does what he's told, as long as he gets his banana. There is no difference in Washington. They squander the blood sweat and tears of the hard working, tax paying Americans and lie to them when they're caught. Needing their ever-increasing supply of bananas, the trained monkeys will continue to dance for their bananas.

Last edited by bigbulls; 08-25-2012 at 12:44 AM.
bigbulls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #7
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbulls View Post

Those look awesome and they have even stronger 1's on their web site....I have been looking fer something fer my sled so I may be rigging up something now!!!!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

How long do you get between charges with these lights?
allen529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
Snapper

I bought 4 of the lights on the origional post and am in the process of making pvc frames to mount in the flush-mount rod holders on my kayak. No mods to the Kayak itself. I am hopeful that it will work well.

Greg
grgrobards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

[IMG]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151090588394920&set=o.36054445067 9939&type=1&theater

thats my setup
Captain_Saylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cheap, led, lights, underwater

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in