Cheap rigs will gig fish too - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Old 05-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
Mingo

Default Cheap rigs will gig fish too

Well ive been seeing these high doller rigs for a while now and ive played with alot of different rigs my self but im going to keep it old school and only have about 120 dollers in this set up and that includes my cheap 900 watt generator. I made my money back the first night out with it ended up with 56 lbs. sold them for 3 dollars a pound. here in NC our fishing is prob. alot different then there our water is extremly muddy real windy and all out prob. different ive been averaging 50-100 lbs a night. Here is a picture of my new set up along with the catch. The old setup was 4 500 watt work lights and on them breezy nights had them horrible ripples on the water which made it a little difficult. Maybe next year ill re rig with some leds but im making money with this cheap set up for now and no over head
Attached Thumbnails
Cheap rigs will gig fish too-img_20120430_164230-jpg   Cheap rigs will gig fish too-img_20120501_024456-jpg   Cheap rigs will gig fish too-img_20120501_024733-jpg  
mudd_cat23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
Sailfish

Here in Texas where I gig in the Galveston Bay complex, our bays are shallow so anytime the wind comes up, it really muddies the water. We're in a windy Spring pattern now.

BTW, nice haul of flatties.
Night Wing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
Sailfish

Nice haul. I'm moving to somewhere other than florida,we dont have flounder. 50+ trips this year with 2 flounder.There aint any around destin or pensacola.
drifterfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
Grouper

Plenty of fish around p-cola you just got to know where to look.
flounderslayerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounderslayerman View Post
Plenty of fish around p-cola you just got to know where to look.
I have lit up almost every inch of pensacola bay,I have trolled from brooks bridge in FWB over to navarre bridge in one night,I'm running out of places to look... Many night fall to day light trips...But I'll keep going.
My last 12-15 trips have been to pensacola bay...17th ave launch and south end of 3 mile complete circle to each other,including Fort pickens area. Where else is there?

Last edited by drifterfisher; 05-07-2012 at 10:23 PM.
drifterfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifterfisher View Post
I have lit up almost every inch of pensacola bay,I have trolled from brooks bridge in FWB over to navarre bridge in one night,I'm running out of places to look... Many night fall to day light trips...But I'll keep going.
My last 12-15 trips have been to pensacola bay...17th ave launch and south end of 3 mile complete circle to each other,including Fort pickens area. Where else is there?
Try somewhere with a little more variety to the bottom. Some more mud, shells, generally the nastier water and places where you wouldn't normally look.I think you'll be surprised.
Five Prongs Of Fury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in