Breeze Fabricators//10/04 Results - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Old 10-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Breeze Fabricators//10/04 Results

Gigging has really been good this week with a 3 night total of 40 fish.They are definitely on the move and with these Northeasters the Eastern Shore has has been perfect for the wind and water clarity. Quality of the fish has been great with many over 18 inches and fat. The last pic was from 9/29 and then on Friday the next night I managed 14 fish from 15 to 19 inches. No pics of those becaue the camera batteries were dead,I've been going early morning around 3 am to catch the tide rising and gigging till daylight. These are from last night and largest up to 21 inches with 6 fish over 18 and a total of 16..I've been meaning to post the light bracket that Tad at Breeze Fabrications made for me to mount my bow light. Excellent work and works like a charm. The lights tilt up for running and then down for hunting.Also shown is a view of my deck layout that has worked very well if anyone is working on a setup.Things are looking up and now I'm hunting Mrs. BIG. for the contest.P.S. I can see where someone might think my boat was on fire, I believe more is better when it comes to my flounder lights.
GOOD LUCK
bamafan611
Attached Thumbnails
Breeze Fabricators//10/04 Results-158%5B1%5D-jpg   Breeze Fabricators//10/04 Results-159%5B1%5D-jpg   Breeze Fabricators//10/04 Results-161%5B1%5D-jpg   Breeze Fabricators//10/04 Results-162%5B1%5D-jpg   Breeze Fabricators//10/04 Results-157document%5B1%5D-jpg  

Breeze Fabricators//10/04 Results-165%5B1%5D-jpg  
Attached Images

bamafan611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Trigger

Wow...that is an insane light setup...I love to fish but...geez...save some for the rest of us man! I've seen Overkill's rig so I can't say you've gone that far off the deep end but...all I can say is I hope I don't pull up on the same beach as you or vice-versa cause I'm going to be SOL...hows the glare with that mess???
jhamilton226 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Grouper

Afternoon J
The lights are 400 watt HPS and unless it's really rough the glare is not a problem. They light up about a 24 foot radius and I've gigged fish in 8 foot of water if it's clear. In 2 foot of water you can count the grains of sand on the bottom, hard to miss a flattie even if he's buried up to his eyeballs. You need to try to go with me one night and put them to work. My Honda 2000 runs them about 5 hours on a tank of gas and I allways take extra gas in case of a allnighter. I can remove the light bar( 2 bolts) in about 5 minutes,if I want to go fishing and not gigging.The hull is foam filled and she will float in about 4 inches of water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
Trigger

Sounds like a nice setup Bama...too rich for my blood tho! Generators and three 400w lights...phew...I'm running two little 100w wading lights off a 12v batt. rigged up to pvc on the bow of my 14ft. Carolina Skiff. I operate on good ole push power my friend, nothing fancy...mostly cause I can't afford it! But I also like the simplicity of my rig...light weight, easy to stow and deploy...I doubt I see as many fish as you do because I stay close to shore and don't get nearly the light radius you do... and I don't think I've ever seen, let alone stab at a fish in 8ft. of water unless it was by accident! haha...I would like to go with you one night just to experience the kind of fish slaughter your rig can afford
jhamilton226 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Snapper

Default Whew! Sweet Setup

I like how well thought you placed everything to include the gig holder. Breeze Fabricators turns out some beautiful work - to include yours.

Nice haul for the day. I need to run up closer to the pass for better hunting, but not to crazy about running across the bay from Garcon to do it.

My CS is 19.5 and wide, but I can sneak up in 10" with the motor trimmed up. I definitely like the visibility you get. The boat is too heavy to pole, so I use a transom mount trolling motor with a on/off peddle switch mounted up front for control. I really like the report on your visibility. That is insane! I am not to sure about AC on the water, but many do it, just need to research it better.

Cheers,

Bob
boatnbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Grouper

All I can say is WoW..............

I can also say "Roll Tide"
bowdiddly is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
Mingo

Bama youve been terrrrinnnn em up wooooooooo nice fish, I dont know for sure but Im guessing those are (HPS) High pressure sodium lights and what wattage are they Im thinking you may have John ( OverKill ) Beat in Brightness (Sunness) lol
GIggaMon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #8
Mingo

and a BIG ROLL TIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:th umbup::thumbup :
GIggaMon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #9
Grouper

Default Morning Giggamon

They are HPS and 400 watt. I've been very pleased with them and if I can come accross them, they can't hide. I gigged one going around a dock in about 8 feet of water and he stood out like a sore thumb. Under normal beach riding they put out about a 24 foot radius. Tried alot of different setups over the years and there is no going back. Don't even want to try to compare with the Overkill, as they are gigging machines.
ROLL TIDE ROLL RIGHT BACK AT YA
Old 10-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #10
Grouper

Nice job BamaFan, Roll Tide!
So, where did you find the lights an genny, and how do you have them wired. Also, what is the transverse bar made of that support the P&S side lights? I guess the side lighting ovelaps with the bow lighting OK too? Thanks, and nice setup!
Fish-n-Fur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in