any big rays out latly - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

Old 07-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
Mingo

Default any big rays out latly

i have some guys flyin in on wensday from iowa who are looking for big rays. i have been petty lucky in finding them most time some well over 100lbs. but with the recent rains and me being sick for a week i havent been able to go out that much and look around.. just wondering if you guys will out flattie fishin have seen any large, or large schools of rays latly. mike. good fishin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 01:07 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: any big rays out latly

I saw 2 schools of smaller rays with about 10 in each school I also saw a huge one that had to of been 130 lbs it looked to be about 6' x 6' I saw all the rays in between bob sikes and shoreline in 3 foot of water.
Jasooon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2008, 01:36 AM   #3
Mingo

Yeah man was kayak around bobsides and shoreline and there are hUGEEE rays my god. i never seen such big ones. There mostly in the sandy areas.
Rover2cool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 02:26 AM   #4
Mingo

guys i appreciate it. went to shoreline last night at 3:30 pmor so and ended up in the hospital at4:30pm or so and stayed till 9:30pm. got stuck by a fairly nice ray and bad!!!!! brought me to my knees... but the t.v. crew and a bow manufacturing C.E.Othis weekdid end up with some nice ray fotage so farsome over 100 lbs. they are coming back in august for a five day dvd shoot and hunt. hope to have some nice hunting for there show. will like to represent the pensacola region good with some nice rays if possible. so if you dont mind if you continue to see some frome the 80-220 lbs range i would really be thankful if you would let me know where and when. as always good luck and <U>STAY SAFE FOR GOODNESS SAKE.</U> MIKE
Old 07-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
Sailfish

Quote:
new wave archery (7/18/2008)guys i appreciate it. went to shoreline last night at 3:30 pmor so and ended up in the hospital at4:30pm or so and stayed till 9:30pm. got stuck by a fairly nice ray and bad!!!!! brought me to my knees... but the t.v. crew and a bow manufacturing C.E.Othis weekdid end up with some nice ray fotage so farsome over 100 lbs. they are coming back in august for a five day dvd shoot and hunt. hope to have some nice hunting for there show. will like to represent the pensacola region good with some nice rays if possible. so if you dont mind if you continue to see some frome the 80-220 lbs range i would really be thankful if you would let me know where and when. as always good luck and <U>STAY SAFE FOR GOODNESS SAKE.</U> MIKE
Wow, hate to hear that - that sucks! Just for curiosity, I am assuming since you got stuck ya'll are bowfishing while wading or either you got stuck once he made it to the boat. If you are wading, how deep of water are you in and why not use a flats boat or skiff; is that not stealth enough? I am clueless when it comes to fishing for rays, so was just curious.
Rammer Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #6
Mingo

no we were in my boat, in about 5in. of water. most of our bigger rays seem to bein 5-15'' of water. i would not think about wading for anything in these waters with what i have seen out there latly. thousands of small/big rays,sharks,jellys,man-o-wars, and others that seem to like bitting back.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:46 AM   #7
Mingo

yeah we was wading near the big boat near the point haha funny thing is that we was actually walking around stingrays .. the huge one i see that is out there come st8 at us but i stomp my feet and he went away.. pretty freaky how big those things are. ill nver do that again
Rover2cool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #8
Sailfish

Quote:
new wave archery (7/18/2008)guys i appreciate it. went to shoreline last night at 3:30 pmor so and ended up in the hospital at4:30pm or so and stayed till 9:30pm. got stuck by a fairly nice ray and bad!!!!! brought me to my knees... but the t.v. crew and a bow manufacturing C.E.Othis weekdid end up with some nice ray fotage so farsome over 100 lbs. they are coming back in august for a five day dvd shoot and hunt. hope to have some nice hunting for there show. will like to represent the pensacola region good with some nice rays if possible. so if you dont mind if you continue to see some frome the 80-220 lbs range i would really be thankful if you would let me know where and when. as always good luck and <U>STAY SAFE FOR GOODNESS SAKE.</U> MIKE
Can't you find something a little more challenging to kill. At least flounders will try to haul ass when they know something's up. Leave the rays alone.
Death From Above is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #9
Sailfish

Quote:
Death From Above (7/19/2008)
Quote:
Can't you find something a little more challenging to kill. At least flounders will try to haul ass when they know something's up. Leave the rays alone.

Fuah you bloody wanka..They killed me mate..Ol Steve Irwin
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #10
Mingo

dfa

yea like shooting a flounder is real challenging there the ones always laying there till you pass over at least a ray is moving . like to see you squarm alittle when you stick a 80+ ray and all hell breaks loose. they will let you know whos in charge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in