Where are the Fleas!!??? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports

Old 03-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Give a man a fish...
Cigar Minnow

Default Where are the Fleas!!???

I have searched Panama City beach from the jetties to the west end. Where the heck are the sand fleas? I love hangin on the beach, soakin up the sun as much as the next guy, but I really want to catch some pomps!

Anybody got a clue for me?
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
Trigger

dont know about panama city ive never out that way, but pensacola beach has some but i find it harder to find em out there, in perdido however there are plenty, but in both places i noticed right now i really have to put my rake to work and push it to its limits almost digging down with the rake

also in between tides i have to really get wet to find em cause most that ive gotten seem to be a few feet out from the little lip drop off at the shore so ive had to start out in the water a little and work towards the shore. theyre really making me work for em still
captainblack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
Give a man a fish...
Cigar Minnow

Thanks for the post. I think I'm gonna have to fish a little further to the west. Say, south Walton somewhere. I am hearing that there are a few fleas to be had over there.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
Trigger

hey it cant hurt to try, only way youll know for sure, good luck and let us know how it goes
Old 03-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

I agree with the digging deep and at the drop off.
Definitely been hit and miss.
get ur line wet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #6
Trigger

finally found some on pensacola beach today, didnt have the rake or bucket or strainer or shovel, and wasnt trying to collect bait just out there getting wasted... but thats another story lol

but i saw one little V and started digging by hand, got down to about 8 inches deep and 5 popped up about an inch an a half long, so im convinced there are likely plenty hit and miss all over, just gotta dig deep and likely gonna have to dig blind and just walk the beach til you find some
Old 03-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #7
Give a man a fish...
Cigar Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainblack
finally found some on pensacola beach today, didnt have the rake or bucket or strainer or shovel, and wasnt trying to collect bait just out there getting wasted... but thats another story lol

but i saw one little V and started digging by hand, got down to about 8 inches deep and 5 popped up about an inch an a half long, so im convinced there are likely plenty hit and miss all over, just gotta dig deep and likely gonna have to dig blind and just walk the beach til you find some
Thanks captainblack, gonna dig some on okiedokie island this am. Will be sure to dig deep. I got pomp fever. I need my meds.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
Give a man a fish...
Cigar Minnow

Finally! Found some small fleas on pcb. On the beach now, waiting for dinner. Just a stingray so far. Somebody send me a little luck!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
Trigger

if you dont get any luck, try to dig up some more and save them and hit it again mid day tomorrow, around lunchtime as the tides receding im willing to bet there will be some action
Old 03-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #10
Give a man a fish...
Cigar Minnow

Well, I have been here with lines in the agua since 11:30. The fleas weren't plentiful, but I managed to dig up a cupple dozen with a lot of hard work. I am using three dropper knots per rig with red beads and no. 4 owners and a 2 oz pyramid. Could someone please tell me how exactly I should be holding my mouth! I really wanna catch and eat some pompano, but this is getting to be a lot like working for someone who won't pay you.

Frustrated at the beach...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in