Weekend reports? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports

Old 05-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Weekend reports?

Has anybody done anything this weekend. I guess we were all forced out of our spots on the Portofino side, looked to me yesterday that every surf fisherman and woman was on Ft. Pickens side. Saturday was very rough but yesterday was pretty nice. I only saw one Whiting and one small shark caught by anyone near me and I only had one hit. Any positive reports?
FishnGator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: Weekend reports?

I fished off of Navarre beach last night and caught a nice bull red (it was over 30 inches) off of a chunk of cut bluefish. One of my buddies caught a sand shark of about the same size. We also caught a few small catfish. The Red was awesome, but all things considered it was still a slow night compared to the past few weekends I've gone. I'll post a picture of the red as soon as I get it from my friend. He took the picture and will be e-mailing it to me. BTW, Yes I'm new to the forum. I live in Navarre and like to surf fish or kayak fish whenever possible.
JoeTheFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Hey I am new to the area and have been reading the forum for new tips and tricks for a couple weeks. Finally had some luck last night off Perdido Key from about 730pm to 1030pm. We got a blacktip and a sand shark on the beach and lost another one in the surf. Got some decent picks and then safely released them pack in to thewater. Cut ladyfish seemed to be doing the trick and we were using a kayak to drop the bait about 200 yds off the beach. Appreciate all the reports and advice on the forum...good luck fishin'
FingersCrossed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Hey fishingator, I think I recognize you from gatorbait. I have surf fished pretty hard this spring and flat tore up the pompano and big whiting early on. It is my opinion the bite is dead and nobody is catching a darn thing other than catfish. I know I stunk it up the last 2 time I went. I broke down and took the boat out this weekend and caught a limit of snapper and one legal gag.
hard bottom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 05:29 AM   #5
Mingo

I fished the pickens gate area Sat. and Sun. Only got 1 pompano and 1 lady fish each day.
letsgofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Hey Fingercrossed I will be in Panama city beach on the 21st,I have some serious shark equipment and over 30 yrs experience,holler at me if you want to sink some steel into some jaws.I also have an Ocean Prowler Kayak that makes short work of running baits out.
bullmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Caught one pompano and a 30 inch, 9 lb redfish on Sat at Topsail. Pomp was about 14 inches, caught at 6:30 am on sand flea.
comparin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in