Thanksgiving Week Trip - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Gamecocky

Old 11-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Thanksgiving Week Trip

Collection of this past week

So came down to the Inlet beach area this past week and fished a ton with my father. I personally like reading posts so I know what is biting and when, so here ya go!

Surf Fishing: The beach near us is pretty bland, I had a real hard time telling where the cuts were because it appeared to be just a massive un-ending sandbar. Knowing it would be tough we picked a few spots throughout the week and did our best, the last night we ended up getting lucky and I landed my first pompano (pretty decent sized) and an under-slot redfish.

Shark Fishing: Tried on two separate evenings. Used a Penn Senator and Penn spinning reel loaded up with 50lb mono and 50lb braid respectively. I kayaked out about 200 and 100 yards respectively and dropped down the bait. The first night I used chunks of fresh blue-fish and the second night we used some leftover Kingfish fillets. Both times got skunked, however I only stayed out about 5hours each evening because I wasnt 100% if I was doing it right.

Kayak Fishing: so ive been kayak fishing a lot before and I convinced my dad to get one, so this was his first adventure offshore in a kayak. I wasnt sure what was around so we played around. Over the course of 4 trips out we trolled some dead cigar minnows on duster rigs for Kings to no avail. Then we decided we would go nearer shore and we trolled some spoons (silver and gold 1/2oz, equal production)between the second and third sandbar. This was the move and I got a Spanish and a few blues. Was pretty excited to get a spanish cause I thought they were for sure gone. My dad caught a massive trout nearshore, but in the confusion of his first kayak fish he dropped it before we could throw it in the cooler or even get a pic. Well we ended up catching fish 75% of our trips so I was quite pleased, even though it was only one fish per trip out haha.

Offshore: We took a charter with Capt Scott Fitzgerald of Madfish Charters. Phenomenal time, we crushed fish. Started off the day getting some reds and mangrove snappers. Then moved to some nearshore reefs and played around with AJs, we caught and released probably 20 before I was so exhausted I couldnt keep going. Literally every cast we saw a school of 10 chasing our lure. Then we decided to fill up our cooler, we moved to a different reef and pulled up some white snappers, and a monster king! (released a million triggers) The king was a surprise since we were bottom fishing, but we threw it on board. We cooked him up 2hrs after catching it, it tasted amazing. We even gave a whole fillet to the neighbors and still had some left over for sharking. Overall great charter.
Attached Thumbnails
Thanksgiving Week Trip-img_4626-jpg   Thanksgiving Week Trip-img_4632-jpg   Thanksgiving Week Trip-img_4646-jpg   Thanksgiving Week Trip-img_4648-jpg   Thanksgiving Week Trip-img_4660-jpg  

Gamecocky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

yall had some fun... cool report
LIM-IT-OUT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
Sailfish

Great report and pictures.
devinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in