Sharking at the Condos report 8/24 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports

Old 08-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Sharking at the Condos report 8/24

I arrived at the beach at 5:00 to do some recon on the the surf/sea grass conditions. After throwing out a few lines and LP swimming out past the first bar it was not looking good. We decided to load the gear up and head to the sound across from Chickenbone beach. We arrived at the sound and were greeted by an amazing sunset. We started hauling shark gear and kayaks and getting gear ready to run baits. I had to stop many times to enjoy the beautiful scenery, something about having shark rods lined up for 100yds down the beach (and the sunset) just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling! We deployed our last baits as the sun set and we immediately started getting bites, mosquito bites!! After drenching ourselves in off the beers started cracking the BS started flowing and we were ready to hear some reels start screaming! Gatorfan was the first to yell FISH ON! He quickly winched in a nice big Bull Red on the 12/0. After a few mug shots it was returned safely to the sound. Around 12:00 After a long dry spell we were discussing moving to a different location and I hear a clicker screaming. It was fun watching guys scramble to figure out who's rod it was in a line of so many. Way down the beach at the very end LPs 12/0 witch has 3/4 of a big ray on it for bait is losing line. After a good run LP digs in and after a couple seconds of pulling drag the fight is over. The smart shark bit the hunk of ray in half and took the side that did NOT have the hook in it. After a couple more hours with no runs we sent guys to recon the gulf conditions. After getting an ok report we loaded up gear and went over to chickenbone beach. We redeployed baits and hit the chairs, about the time I started dosing off I hear some chaos and all the way at the other end it looks like EJ is hooked up on his 9/0. We scrambled to get the tagging gear, tape measure and get down the beach to help get the beast landed. After about 20 minutes of brawling the shark and sea snot I get EJs leader in hand. After several attempts and a few good whacks with the tail we get the feisty 6' black tip on the beach. After getting her tagged and dehooked the fat girl posed for a few picks and was safely returned to the gulf. At this point it's close to 5:00am and time to once again load up the gear. Thanks to everyone who showed up and made it a great night of sharking! We made some great new friends and successfully tagged and released a shark! We will try and get together at least once a month and the next time were bringing the BBQ. I did not get many photos so I hope the guys will add them to the report. Until then be safe and good luck to all! UGLY
Attached Thumbnails
Sharking at the Condos report 8/24-image-jpg  

Last edited by Ugly 1; 08-26-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Ugly 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
Trigger

Sounds like a good time
BirdNest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Grouper

Default Pic

Pic
Attached Thumbnails
Cant.Git.Enuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
Trigger

Nice shark EJ
BirdNest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
Grouper

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdNest View Post
Nice shark EJ

Not to much to say besides just a GREAT TIME. If your new to shark fishing or thinking about getting into it, come join sometime.
Cant.Git.Enuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Grouper

Had a great time, looking forward to bringing out bigger reels and meeting up again. I'll grab my better camera next time instead of crappy cell phone pics.

The only thing I caught in the sound was a conch.

EJ getting his fish on.

Loruna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
Grouper

Heres a pic of Gatorfans Bull Red that tried to take on the Everol 12/0. Bad move Mr Fish!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
Grouper

Looks like a great night!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
Trigger

Wish you could have been with us Nathan.
Chris Gatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
The Tourist
Sailfish

not much to add but i did take a few pics. i speared two rays that afternoon and brought them along. one was pretty decent and the other was a monster as far as spearing goes. it was over 50lbs and drug me around the surf like a rag doll for a minute. took the smaller one and cut the top 1/3 off and gave it to Don then hooked up the bottom 2/3 on my 12/0. the big one got cut into 7 pieces and distributed.

EJ provided some drinks that kept us warm till the sound of a clicker got the adrenaline going. thanks for that! also good meeting everyone! Loruna had us a little skeptical with his avatar but turned out to be everything you could expect from this crowd. and Scarfus, what a small world, huh? cant wait to pedal 17 miles with you next weekend.

heres some pics.

dons piece

my piece (that got torn in half later..)

Ugly
lowprofile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in