shark fishing - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 07-29-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default shark fishing

anyone been to pcola beech lately, i got a buddy of mine never caught a shark before, planning on going to pcola beach sat night and trying our luck. just got back in town been gone for a month.
DocFite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
Mingo

one of the best spots that i have had for sharks is chicken bone(the parking lot right before you inter fort pickens) on the sound side..but thursday night i think..i set my line out and waited when nothing happend for a while i started to reel it in to re-bait and paddle another one out..turns out i was reeling in line soaked with BP's accident......i had to wrap a towel around my line to keep it from entering the reel....
dragman6693 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

on the sound side? thats not the word i was looking for, know any other hot spots that might be alright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

From your question mark after soundside I'm wondering if you understand what he means. If you drive toward the National Seashore and turn right into the the large parking lot just before you get to the park, you will be close to where he is talking about catching shark. I have not fished there for shark but I have seen some from a boat on the sound side of the island. Gulf National Seashore is a good place to fish but if you go into the park, you need a permit to stay at night. I do see guys surf fishing off the beaches and I have seen sharks caugh. You also might want to look through some of these posts. There are several posts with photos and they tell where they caught the shark. You don't want to shark fish where there are people in the water especially during dusk or dawn so you might want to travel on down from the main beach.
SHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
Cigar Minnow

I know what the soundside means, I was just in aww, of it being in the bay like that, and thick enough to cake up on his line. I have shark fished many times in that area off the beach in my yak, my buddy dosnt have a yak so i just figured we would surf fish around in that area. As far as shark fishing around paople I hate people when people do it when I am there with the family, I plan on staying away from crouds and if there are people any where close if and when we hook up, they will know.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Sounds like your a rookie!! haha What time are we leaving to go out, and is Pruett driving or what? Cant wait to test out the new riggs!
FlatsAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

Have fun Docfite. Is there a place around where he could rent a yak?
SHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Cigar Minnow

I'm sure there is, but its just cheaper for me to take my yak and paddle baits out. I'm not going to take some one that has never evan caught a shark, or gone kayak fishing, to go shark fishing in a kayak.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #9
Cigar Minnow

Hey flats, I'm pretty sure last time we went out you came out empty handed, just saying. And, the shark I caught almost tagged you, thanks though for helping me get it on the beach. Its the only fish you got to touch!!! now thats funny.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #10
Grouper

go to the pass and cast in the direction the tide is moving, u can go to walmart and pick up one of those inflatable rafts(thats what i did until i got my hands on the kayak), we have hooked on big bulls the past 3 times, landing 2 of them so thats what i recommend...if u can get your hands on a stingray for bait then you wont have to worry about crabs btearing your bait up, bring a gig and a strong flashlight and you should be able to to stick one right around there in the shallows, best of luck and hsow your friend a good time
PorknBeans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in