Navarre Surf Report 11/24 and Black friday 11/26 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 11-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Navarre Surf Report 11/24 and Black friday 11/26

With the old man in town we planned on going out with Steve again in the boat wednesday, but with the wave forecast we decided to spend the day surf fishing with the girls instead.

Turned out to be a gorgeous fun day of fishing. Fleas were plentiful on both trips, caught enough for a few more trips. The first day we ended up with two keeper pomps, a few catfish, and one ray in about 4 hrs of fishing from 1-5pm. Was an incoming tide I believe both days. The man of war were everywhere, if your out there watch out, I was pulling junk off my line when I happened to brush my hand on a tentacle and it stung pretty bad for a bit, but nothing I couldnt handle, luckily I am not allergic, which is a surprise.

Second day of fishing was just me and my dad, had our good friend Mike and his son come out for an hour, but they didnt last long in the wind and rain. It was windy, cold, and rainy for most the time we were out there, but by far my best day of surf fishing yet. We didnt make it out until around 11am or so and fished until about 3:30pm. First spot we hit yielded one pomp. We then moved to another spot where we caught the rest of the fish. We ended up with 4 more pomps, one slot red, a bluefish, a small ray, and a few catfish at the next spot.

It was sunny for the first hour we were out there, then it rained for 5 minutes, sun came back out and another ban of rain came which never left. The bite died down at about 2:30 so we caught all of our fish in about 3 and a half hours.
All fish were caught on fresh and frozen sand fleas and fresh dead shrimp. We were using my homemade two hook pomp rigs with one orange cork above one hook and one chartreuse/orange polka dot cork above the other hook. A flea on one hook and shrimp on the other. They seemed to really like that color combo. Most of our fish came on the shrimp. Had to use 4oz pyramid sinkers to keep the baits out there both days.
Was a fun week fishing with my dad and friends.
Russian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
healthinspector
Sailfish

sweet report and pics man. next time throw that bluefish back out there with a big hook in him and really hook into something
jdhkingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
Bluewater Fisherman
Ruby Red Lip

Cool Cool Report!!

Great Pics--great fish as well--
Fortmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in