Navarre Beach - 9 Jan - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports

Old 01-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Navarre Beach - 9 Jan

Went out to Navarre Beach yesterday and didn't have any expectations.My girl and I got out there from2:30pm till 5:30. No pics because the camera acted up. Her... 2 slot pomps, 2 barely under slot Black Drum, and a 27 1/2" - 6 lb redfish. Me... 1 slot pomp and 1 slot Black Drum (and a bruised ego from getting outfished by a woman... haj/k). All caught on fresh dead shrimp. It was a little windy, but we had a great time. All fish safely released, so go get'em!
thegarb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: Navarre Beach - 9 Jan

went this morning knowing that the fish would be feeding if I could get to them..

got to Navarre Bch at daybreak to find a very low tide and big surf... so I waded with frozen fleas and my best casting equip.. first one rod, then the next.. real tough experience.. big waves sweeping by and often requiring a bounce to keep my head above water..

caught a nice Pompano on the first cast making it a little easier to stay awhile.. caught another fat one in a half hr or so.. then it got slow... found plenty of fleas once the sun came out.. and tried those.. never lost another bait..

gave a quart of fleas to a new fishing friend and brought home enough to replace the frozen ones..

it was still fun... we have dinner of the most fresh variety.. and we made the best of an iffy situation..

fish the south wind when you can.. pay attention to the solunar tables.. and you will catch fish most any trip..

Chris
Rick Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Sailfish

Rick and Thegarb & girlfriend glad you got out and Hadsome fun and caught some fish, Next time your out stop by HHT and say Hello would be nice to put a face to a Name Thanks Dwayne
Redfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Hey Dwayne. Thanks. Actually, we did stop by before we went. We picked up some shrimp and frozen mullet. Worked like a champ! :letsdrink

Jason
Old 01-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #5
Grouper

Thanks for posting. I didn't catch a single pomp last year (only tried twice) but I love the way they taste. I will definetly make my way out there this year. Could I get the GPS coordinates to the hole where you caught em? J/K. Tight lines!
roofordie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 12:00 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
roofordie (1/10/2009)Thanks for posting. I didn't catch a single pomp last year (only tried twice) but I love the way they taste. I will definetly make my way out there this year. Could I get the GPS coordinates to the hole where you caught em? J/K. Tight lines!
Haha. Check on the east side of the Navarre pier. It's usually a pretty good spot. Incoming tide, dead shrimp, 2 oz. sinker, beer. That's how and where I've caught the most pomps.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
Sailfish

yeah...good spot and that's where the new pier will be at....

went out this afternoon....managed only one at the end, when i was getting ready to leave....i was usisng cut gulp..small piece...how big are he shrimp at HHT.
Fishermon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #8
Grouper

Quote:
Fishermon (1/10/2009)yeah...good spot and that's where the new pier will be at....
went out this afternoon....managed only one at the end, when i was getting ready to leave....i was usisng cut gulp..small piece...how big are he shrimp at HHT.
get the fresh ones at Joe Patties
roofordie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
Sailfish

Great report! I guess that water temp didn't drop very low yet. Maybe I'll have to wet a line or two. I still would have had to keep a fillet or two for dinner. Hope your next trip produces lots of fish too!

clap:clap
Shiznik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
Trigger

Shows you how much fishing I've accomplished lately due to being at school so much: there's a top end on the pomp slot now? Or just a min limit? Don't want to get myself in trouble, especially with the ever-changing regulations.
fishingfromagunship is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in