Johnson's Beach 7-31-2013 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports

Old 08-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Grateful Angler
Snapper

Default Johnson's Beach 7-31-2013

Went out last night from 6:30-8:45. Showed up to an absolutely flat gulf with crystal clear water and almost no one there. I got my gear down to the beach and saw big schools of bait just a few feet from the shore. I got really excited and though "Oh hell yeah, I am about to stock up!"

I ran back to the car and got my cast net, ran back to the beach and ran out ahead of one school. They looked to be 8-12 inches long and I was super excited to see what they were! I got a near perfect throw (unusual for me) and saw the flashes of caught fish as I pulled it back in.

I get it to the beach and its full of damn cat fish! lots of little baby ones and 8-10 10 inch ones. I had to spend 10 minutes getting them all out of my net. Bummer.

I started to see lots of sting rays pretty close in and I have been looking to catch some for a while now for shark bait. I threw on one and it didnt get caught and then another and I actually caught it. I cut its tail off and paddled it out on my shark pole.

I threw on a couple more that just swam under the net as I was closing it up. I stopped trying and went and sat down for a while. In hind sight, I should have gotten in the kayak and gigged as many as I could to stock up so I would have good bait for the weekend.

Not even a click. I am hoping this weekend will be a good one! Thanks for reading about my misfortune! Tight lines friends!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
Grouper

that's how my shark fishing has been for awhile. I wish the surf would pick up a little and the weather actually cooperate as well.
foreverfishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Mingo

Any June grass?
hookemup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in