Dune Allen 7/8 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports

Old 07-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
Trigger

Default Dune Allen 7/8

Arrived at 6:15 AM. Seas were flat with gentle half foot rollers coming in with little to no wind. Used a 1/4 oz jig head with a DOA 3" paddle tail in pearl color. Worked it slow, fast and everywhere in between. Only managed a couple of ladyfish and hooked into a good size ray. Tons of rays in the surf. Even got to see dolphins up close, like within 15 feet of the beach. What really peaked my interest was the tarpon skying just past the second sandbar. 5 ft fish jumping out of the water really puts on a show! I got video of the dolphins so ill try to update later with the video. Fun times but now I need a redbull for my 13 hour workday.
ranger250x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
Squid technician
Grand Slam

You got out, that's part of the battle. Now it's just a matter of figuring out the spots along that stretch of beach. Chances are, with a little foot work, you can find some great spots not too far from where you were today. Ladyfish are annoying, but they are there for the same reasons the specks, reds, etc are there and where you find one you will usually find the others.

Keep at it!
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
White Marlin

I drove by Dune Allen on the way to the office this morning and started to stop by and make a short walk.
I stopped by yesterday at lunch and watched a school of about 6-8 bull reds cruise the inside bar. Water was so clear you could see them 100 yds out with virtually no elevation.
hsiF deR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
Trigger

Yeah I have to do some early morning walking and casting and find some holes. I did bring in a few baits that the hole tail up to the hook was cut off. Figured it was pinfish but the more i think about it the more i start to wonder if it was a flounder???

Chris, you ever wade out to the sandbar for tarpon? They were close enough this morning to sling a big swimbait out to if you took a ladder.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #5
Squid technician
Grand Slam

I haven't but just because it's very uncommon here to have them in range. I may try tomorrow. I have popping rods that'll throw a ridiculous distance.
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #6
Trigger

I hope you do well. Post up regardless! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with the forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in